Windows 10: Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

Discus and support Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, On my ASUS T200TA running windows 10 x64 bit, I have encountered the problem that the hibernation function disappeared after updating to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zunami, Aug 19, 2015.

1. zunami Win User

Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

Hello,

On my ASUS T200TA running windows 10 x64 bit, I have encountered the problem that the hibernation function disappeared after updating to windows 10 from windows 8.

The normal method (as presented in the tutorial on this very forum) to restore the function, doesn't work (using admin-command prompt and running a specific command).

The odd part is that hibernate toggle button in the power settings never disappeared, it's right there, and it's unchecked to say it isn't an option under power-down menu, but I cannot toggle it. The box is "greyed out".

I appreciate any suggestions and solutions.

Thanks in advance.

:)

zunami, Aug 19, 2015

2. All haywire

Last night, I had a perfectly working normal desktop and Windows 10 Start screen.

This morning, it defaults to the Windows 10 Start, my normal desktop applications will only open full screen and all of my desktop icons have gone.

Also, the - icon which normally minimizes a window now SHUTS IT OFF.. :-(

All I did last night was to put the system into hibernation.

Could somebody please explain what could have gone wrong during the night, please?

Mike Hall... always, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate Loop

Windows logo + Q does not lead to any kind of troubleshooting when I do it using Windows 10 and Edge. What you describe after Step 2 does not happen at all when I do it. Instead, if I am online, it leads to a long list of web hits, and if I am offline,
    it leads to nothing. I am trying to get the hibernate function available as a power option, but NOTHING, ***** NOTHING ***** I do from any of the support pages works -- the hibernate option is not available in the Power Options section, the registry editor
    method to add it doesn't work, reinstalling of hiberfil.sys (or whatever it is) method doesn't work, and the admininstator command to turn on powercfg or powercfg.exe method does t work, and I see a lot of people on the support forums similarly can't get any
    method to work. Microsoft has really done something incredibly stupid in making this feature unavailable in some builds. It was available in my first Proscan PLT 1090 laptop, but when I returned that defective unit for an EXACT replacement, the hibernate
    option was not available in the power options or with any of the fixes I mention above. Do you have any solution for making the hibernate function available? It sounds like some builds of Windows 10 have it severely hidden, or don't include it. It's amazing
    that one Proscan unit it, but an EXACT replacement doesn't.

Dribble_Is_Not_Help, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

TairikuOkami, Aug 19, 2015
  5. zunami Win User
    Alas, I do not think it is. It's not even immediately possible to access bios on this device.
    I'll look at the link, but I have a feeling it's not going to solve my problem. Unfortunately.

I hope so though! Thanks for the reply.

zunami, Aug 19, 2015
  6. zunami Win User
    Hi,

Finally found out what went wrong with my attempts.
    The guide provided here on windows 10 forums has all the information needed, it's just that the tutorial wasn't very clear to me.
    Now my hibernation option is finally back though - and I'm very happy to have it back.

zunami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

1. Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working - Similar Threads - Hibernation function gone

2. BSOD Precision 3561 after system wipe - Normal Restoration methods failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Precision 3561 after system wipe - Normal Restoration methods failed: Hi! I've encountered the dreaded BSOD - I'm the Sys Admin for my company. The error code is Bug check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICEI've tried the startup repair from Support Assist and the partition table was good, but the the Boot Files failed. I tried resetting and...
  3. BSOD Precision 3561 after system wipe - Normal Restoration methods failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Precision 3561 after system wipe - Normal Restoration methods failed: Hi! I've encountered the dreaded BSOD - I'm the Sys Admin for my company. The error code is Bug check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICEI've tried the startup repair from Support Assist and the partition table was good, but the the Boot Files failed. I tried resetting and...
  4. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My restore point function is not working: After creating a restore point, if I go back to check on it there is a red x telling me that I haven't created a restore point and that it is not working. I had this once before, and a very nice Microsoft support person fixed it for me, telling me that "it had been set up to...
  5. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My restore point function is not working: After creating a restore point, if I go back to check on it there is a red x telling me that I haven't created a restore point and that it is not working. I had this once before, and a very nice Microsoft support person fixed it for me, telling me that "it had been set up to...
  6. My restore point function is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sleep and Hibernate functions not working on 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Hibernate functions not working on 20H2: Hi,About a month ago sleep and hibernate functions have stopped working for some of the employees in the company I work for. What happens is that an employee will either leave their computer idle and instead of sleeping or hibernating, it will shut down, or, an employee will...
  8. Search function Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function Gone: Search function Gone in Win menu. And grayed-out in File Explorer "Search this PC" . Can no longer Search for any files or docs. Running Win 10 / 64 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-function-gone/332c0fa3-dab2-47af-a365-58ec559129e0
  9. Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone: Hi I am wondering if some one advise me. I have used the option one fix on a legitamate version of windows 10 in a vm machine. It works for 2 to 7 days then its gone. The vm stops working then. A reapplication of step one fixes this quickly. It is just most frustrating...
  10. hibernation gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation gone?: so i dont use hibernate but I use hybrid sleep. For that reason AND the fact that the hibernate file can use up to like 75% of your memory in disk space - I decided to run the cmd to reduce its size (by half i think). I also disabled UAC (via regedit) and disabled some...