Windows 10: Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up.

Discus and support Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this problem when Windows 8 was new (but never had it with 8.1) and now it looks like it is back with W10. My PC was fine up until about 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up.

I had this problem when Windows 8 was new (but never had it with 8.1) and now it looks like it is back with W10.

My PC was fine up until about 2 days ago, it would go into hybrid sleep and wake with no problems but now every time I try to wake my PC the LED's, mouse and keyboard turn on but then it crashes and reboots.

I tried re-installing drivers, un-installed them, downloading them from the manufacturers websites instead of windows update but the problem remains.

I think I've narrowed down where the problem comes from and it appears to be the hybrid sleep option, disabling it and just using sleep works as expected, but if I try to use hybrid sleep....boom it happens again. I also tried enabling hibernation and that also crashes when waking up, so I assume there is a problem with the hibernation feature.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this or would know a possible fix?

Thanks *Smile*Smile

:)

RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 16, 2015
  2. burt_ie Win User

Hybrid sleep and hibernation case PC to crash upon wake Windows 10

I had this problem when Windows 8 was new (but never had it with 8.1) and now it looks like it is back with W10.

My PC was fine up until about 2 days ago, it would go into hybrid sleep and wake with no problems but now every time I try to wake my PC the LED's, mouse and keyboard turn on but then it crashes and reboots.

I tried removing and re-installing drivers, downloading them from the manufacturers websites instead of windows update but the problem remains.

I think I've narrowed down where the problem comes from and it appears to be the hybrid sleep option, disabling it and just using sleep works as expected, but if I try to use hybrid sleep. it happens again. I also tried enabling hibernation and that also crashes
    when waking up, so I assume there is a problem with the hibernation feature.

burt_ie, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 updates shut down pc, not restart.

Every time W10 updates (you know, at 4am), it shuts down my pc entirely, and doesn't return it to the mode I left it in.

Hibernate is off / set to never, so the PC should enter hybrid sleep. I don't have a password set for waking from hybrid sleep, and neither my mouse nor keyboard work to wake up the PC, I have to full on power button, and enter my password, so I know it's
    going to full shut down and not hybrid sleep.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Also, my mouse won't wake up my pc from hybrid sleep, only keyboard, and I can't find a setting to change it either in the mouse settings or windows settings (it's USB like the keyboard, so should wake on USB, but doesn't).

Help please? !! Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up. :)

BreeDulmage, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up.

I think I may fixed my problem, I just installed the Intel HD graphics driver for my mobo and hybrid sleep seems to be working now.

I had installed every driver from my mobo manufacturer except the Intel graphics one. I thought I would not need it as I was running an Nvidia graphics card! Silly me.

RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up.

1. Hibernation & Hybrid sleep causing PC to crash on waking up. - Similar Threads - Hibernation Hybrid sleep

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. Crashing During Sleep, Wake up to reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing During Sleep, Wake up to reset PC: Recently built an entirely new PC with fresh format drives and a fresh install of USB Windows 11 home, I've noticed after getting it all set up and stress tested runs fine without GPU/CPU crashing that it has been crashing when locked and in asleep mode. I've run the verifier...
  5. Crashing During Sleep, Wake up to reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing During Sleep, Wake up to reset PC: Recently built an entirely new PC with fresh format drives and a fresh install of USB Windows 11 home, I've noticed after getting it all set up and stress tested runs fine without GPU/CPU crashing that it has been crashing when locked and in asleep mode. I've run the verifier...
  6. Sleep causes hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep causes hibernate: Why does my PC activate hibernate every time it goes to sleep, hibernate is activated after "powercfg /h off"? To clarify, the PC does sleep, not hibernate, it just turns hibernate on and creates hiberfil.sys. Fast startup is also disabled. EDIT: Problem solved, it was a...
  7. sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep: How to enter hybrid sleep? For a long time, but not forever on win10, this Asus 2 in 1 laptop can never awake from sleep, it hard locks in sleep when it goes to sleep on its own, And usually hard locks within a few minutes. I told it NEVER to shut down when on AC power, so...
  8. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  9. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps: Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...