Windows 10: Hibernation not showing up on my computer

Discus and support Hibernation not showing up on my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried to activate hibernation through control panel, command prompt and the regedit. It still does not show up as a valid option on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Willem Harmse, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Hibernation not showing up on my computer

I have tried to activate hibernation through control panel, command prompt and the regedit. It still does not show up as a valid option on my computer.The command line error was:C:\Windows\system32>powercfg.exe /hibernate on Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not supported. The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. The system firmware does not support hibernation.I am unsure if it is my hardware, or if it is just an option I have to turn on/off.My specs are:Intel Core i5 - 2500Nvidia GT 630 2GB32 GB DDR3450W PSU

:)

Willem Harmse, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 21, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Hibernation not showing up on my computer

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

Hibernation not showing up on my computer

1. Hibernation not showing up on my computer - Similar Threads - Hibernation showing computer

2. unplug my computer in hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unplug my computer in hibernate: Are there any risks to any part of the computer when the power is unplugged in hibernation frequently each day؟ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unplug-my-computer-in-hibernate/0e05d712-7949-4931-b252-7227d666a070
  3. unplug my computer in hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unplug my computer in hibernate: Are there any risks to any part of the computer when the power is unplugged in hibernation frequently each day؟ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unplug-my-computer-in-hibernate/0e05d712-7949-4931-b252-7227d666a070
  4. My computer hibernates inconsistently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer hibernates inconsistently: I've seen this problem asked multiple times, only for the given answer to be useless and the thread to be locked, with little to no information as to whether the issue is resolvedWhen I press the hibernate button, sometimes my laptop will hibernate, and I then I can easily...
  5. My computer hibernates inconsistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer hibernates inconsistently: I've seen this problem asked multiple times, only for the given answer to be useless and the thread to be locked, with little to no information as to whether the issue is resolvedWhen I press the hibernate button, sometimes my laptop will hibernate, and I then I can easily...
  6. My computer hibernates inconsistently

7. Hibernation not showing up on my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation not showing up on my computer: I have tried to activate hibernation through control panel, command prompt and the regedit. It still does not show up as a valid option on my computer.The command line error was:C:\Windows\system32>powercfg.exe /hibernate on Hibernation failed with the following error: The...
  8. Hibernation not showing up on my computer

Hibernation not showing up on my computer: I have tried to activate hibernation through control panel, command prompt and the regedit. It still does not show up as a valid option on my computer.The command line error was:C:\Windows\system32>powercfg.exe /hibernate on Hibernation failed with the following error: The...
  9. Message showing up on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message showing up on my computer: I am getting a message in a blue box that says "Let's cross this one off your list. Windows is continuously improving and updates are a normal part of keeping it running it smoothly. The next update is ready for you so tell us when you'd like to restart your device to install...
  10. UPS Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    UPS Hibernation: Hi guys, this is my debut here and I'm glad I found this forum because I recently replaced my old Win-7 machine with an Asus Win-10 and it is so different than the win-7 I'm use to that I have a lot to learn! *Confused I live in an area where power outages are fairly...