Windows 10: Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop

Discus and support Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is anyone seeing any issues regarding hibernation on their laptops? Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've noticed that my laptop seems to be going into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moondoggy, Aug 11, 2015.

1. moondoggy Win User

Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop

Is anyone seeing any issues regarding hibernation on their laptops? Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've noticed that my laptop seems to be going into hibernation much more quickly than it did in Windows 7. I checked my settings and my screen saver settings and so on are setup to those recommended by HP but these do not seem to be having an impact on hibernation. What's particularly frustrating is that even when it's plugged in if you have a long download/install/update you must keep the machine active by moving the mouse or be active on the keyboard or it will go into hibernation mode very quickly (under 5 minutes). Has anyone seen this and know what it takes to fix it?

:)

moondoggy, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unable to Shut Down Properly

My laptop is unable to shutdown (fast startup) and hibernate properly.

Story:

My laptop's HDD cable is broken, so I replace the disk drive with my HDD (the disk drive is also SATA). It can run Windows normally. However, usually when I click shutdown (fast startup) or hibernate, it says Shutting Down, and around 10 seconds later, I
    hear the HDD stops. After the replacement, when I click shutdown or hibernate, it says Shutting Down and at the same time, I hear the HDD stops. Starting up the computer again, the programs that were left open before hibernating closed.

I think the computer disconnects the HDD before it writes the hibernation file. How to encounter this?

SergioVieri, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Computer Stuck Hibernating

Laptop is still going into hibernation instead of shutting down. It also occasionally goes into hibernation when the lid is shut. I can't get it out of hibernation state except for turning off the power via power button. Fast startup is not even an option
    in my settings. I've tried turning hibernation off using command prompt.

SherwoodWriter, Aug 11, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

1. Search for Power Options and click the first result.
    2. Click "Change plan settings" next to the selected radio button.
    3. Click "Change advanced power settings".
    4. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" (just in case).
    5. Scroll down to Sleep and click the plus icon.
    6. Click the plus icon after "Hibernate after".
    7. Click "Setting".
    8. Change that to zero.
    9. Click "OK".

5. Hi moondoggy, no solution but I am having same problem ... in the middle of composing email or word document and suddenly Dell Inspiron decides to hibernate. Frustrating as I then have to log in to regain control. Fortunately all work is as left and I can continue on where left off. My use of mouse or keyboard does not stop the hibernation ... I can be in mid sentence typing when the stupid thing decides to sleep.

DriveCountry, Aug 11, 2015
  6. moondoggy Win User
    Interesting........ My desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro has the Hibernation setting that your referred to but my laptop does not. Under Sleep it only shows "Sleep After" and under that it has settings for "On Battery" and "Plugged In". Not sure where to go now.

moondoggy, Aug 12, 2015
  7. moondoggy Win User
    I wanted to post and update on this problem as I have somewhat if a solution......

When I go into the power options for my HP Laptop there were 3 configurations listed - HP's Recommended, High Performance, and Power Saver. Based on what I was seeing in the HP recommended configuration I created my own that kept the PC more active and to see if I could delay hibernation more than the 3 minutes I was seeing. Well, my configuration turned out to be no better than HP's but I decided by chance to try the High Performance configuration and it works better. Note that I have not tested this while on total battery but when it's plugged into a power source it doesn't even go into hibernation mode. The screen does go blank when there's no activity but it's not hibernating anymore. I'll take a look at all of the settings and compare them to HP's recommended settings and if I find anything that jumps out at me I'll post an update.

moondoggy, Aug 14, 2015
  8. webmarket Win User

I am on HP - here is solution: go to power options, select hp recommended, then click change plan settings to the right of that. Then click change advanced power settings - then under hard disk, change "turn off hard disk after" settings bothe for battery and plugged modes to whatever.

i think this works

webmarket, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop - Similar Threads - Hibernation occuring too

2. My laptop charges fast and drain too fast. It was a sudden drop down of percentage from 95%...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop charges fast and drain too fast. It was a sudden drop down of percentage from 95%...: I have a Dell Inspiron 3480 unit. My problem arises when I was at school. I have a problem connecting a wifi to my unit and I checked the percentage of my laptop and it was on 95% but when I open the VS Community 2019 to check my work it suddenly notifies me that my...
  3. My laptop charges fast and drain too fast. It was a sudden drop down of percentage from 95%...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop charges fast and drain too fast. It was a sudden drop down of percentage from 95%...: I have a Dell Inspiron 3480 unit. My problem arises when I was at school. I have a problem connecting a wifi to my unit and I checked the percentage of my laptop and it was on 95% but when I open the VS Community 2019 to check my work it suddenly notifies me that my...
  4. My laptop charges fast and drain too fast. It was a sudden drop down of percentage from 95%...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow: On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally....
  6. Mouse too fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse too fast: Hey, my mouse is running too fast, tried everything, reinstalling my windows and drivers, nothing works pls help. ps. It started after an Windows opdate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-too-fast/554498a7-bf8d-4db2-9f16-95a20c5e5e88
  7. Surface Laptop 3 hibernates too fast after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Laptop 3 hibernates too fast after sleep: In the advanced power plan settings, Windows 10 allows us to configure "Sleep after x minutes" and "Hibernate after x minutes". Whenever I set "Hibernate after x minutes" to a value != 'Never', my Surface Laptop 3 hibernates after sleeping for a much shorter amount of time...
  8. Everything is too fast on my new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is too fast on my new PC: I just bought a Windows 10 PC. But when playing a game it's animations are too fast. I can't load into online games as well due to this. My graphic card is rx 570 submitted by /u/Pro_Gamer_Ahsan [link] [comments]...
  9. hibernate and fast start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate and fast start: I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated: If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled. ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled? 23920
  10. hibernation and fast boot setup

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation and fast boot setup: I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right. I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after then hitting a key on the keyboard it started back up in post and shut down completely? Is this supposed to bring you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHAT IS HIBERNATING OCCURING IN LAPTOP