Windows 10: Hibernation on the network

Discus and support Hibernation on the network in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to hibernate a desktop on a network drive, reboot the system, then wake the desktop again? In other words, I want to be able to reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peach_Scorio, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Hibernation on the network

Is there a way to hibernate a desktop on a network drive, reboot the system, then wake the desktop again? In other words, I want to be able to reboot then quickly return to what I was doing without having to log back in to all of the programs.

:)

Peach_Scorio, Feb 21, 2019
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 21, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Hibernation on the network

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Hibernation on the network

1. Hibernation on the network - Similar Threads - Hibernation network

2. Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless: Hi, I usually close the lid of my laptop at the end of the day to hibernate it. After about two months ago, sometimes when I start working I don't have internet, and I need to restart my laptop.The Adpater details are:Driver Provider: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless...
  3. Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless: Hi, I usually close the lid of my laptop at the end of the day to hibernate it. After about two months ago, sometimes when I start working I don't have internet, and I need to restart my laptop.The Adpater details are:Driver Provider: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless...
  4. Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless

Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless: Hi,I usually close the lid of my laptop at the end of the day to hibernate it.After about one month, sometimes when I start working I don't have internet, and I need to restart my laptop.The Adpater details are:Driver Provider: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network...
  5. Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet after hibernation with network adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless: Hi,I usually close the lid of my laptop at the end of the day to hibernate it.After about one month, sometimes when I start working I don't have internet, and I need to restart my laptop.The Adpater details are:Driver Provider: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network...
  6. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  7. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  8. My Microsoft Windows laptop resets network everytime i get it out of hibernation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Windows laptop resets network everytime i get it out of hibernation.: Hey people, so, i'm recently getting a problem on my DELL Inspiron 11 3168, that everytime i get it out of the hibernation mode, the network connection always "disconnects" when Windows recognized it as "connected", every single browser i open when it's out of hibernation...
  9. My Microsoft Windows laptop resets network everytime i get it out of hibernation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Microsoft Windows laptop resets network everytime i get it out of hibernation.: Hey people, so, i'm recently getting a problem on my DELL Inspiron 11 3168, that everytime i get it out of the hibernation mode, the network connection always "disconnects" when Windows recognized it as "connected", every single browser i open when it's out of hibernation...
  10. My Microsoft Windows laptop resets network everytime i get it out of hibernation.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows stop sending network traffic when hibernating