Windows 10: Hibernation or sleep mode?

Discus and support Hibernation or sleep mode? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Guywhoneedshelpdesperatel, May 19, 2023.

1. Hibernation or sleep mode?

While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable PowerAoAcOverride.

:)

Guywhoneedshelpdesperatel, May 19, 2023
  2. Nuckles56 Win User

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I normally just use sleep mode, though when I'm at my parent's house, I will use hibernate just because it doesn't matter if we have a blackout

Nuckles56, May 19, 2023
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, May 19, 2023
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Hibernation or sleep mode?

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

From now on i will use the Hybrid sleep mode and let's hope it works as it should.

Knoxx29, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Hibernation or sleep mode?

1. Hibernation or sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Hibernation sleep mode

2. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  3. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  4. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  5. Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode

Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode: ***moved on english forum***Hi, Sometimes, when I try to activate the hibernation mode for my computer, it only triggers the sleep mode : when I move the mouse it switches on the screen.It happens when/after charging up.Can you help me ?Thanks for your answer,ClementPS : here...
  6. sleep mode -hibernation mode-wakening

sleep mode -hibernation mode-wakening: Hello. I have a question/query .Why with hibernation mode my laptop wake up ''only from me'' and only if i touch power button and with sleep mode wake up itself?I now about task scheduler and that are many programs that are running at specific hours i see many processes like...
  7. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...
  8. Question about sleep mode and hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about sleep mode and hibernation: So recently my pc has stopped going to sleep, when I press it, windows shuts down but the components inside remain on and when I press the power button to attempt to wake up my pc it doesn’t do anything. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/kumquatguava1002 [link]...
  9. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  10. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...