Windows 10: Hibernation Problem after BIOS update

Discus and support Hibernation Problem after BIOS update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I hibernate my laptop, it doesn't power off. Instead it just locks the current user and turns the display off. On pressing any key on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aseerisrar, May 1, 2020.

1. Hibernation Problem after BIOS update

when I hibernate my laptop, it doesn't power off. Instead it just locks the current user and turns the display off. On pressing any key on the keyboard, it turns back on. This started happening after a bios update.

:)

aseerisrar, May 1, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, May 1, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 1, 2020
  4. Hibernation Problem after BIOS update

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Hibernation Problem after BIOS update

1. Hibernation Problem after BIOS update - Similar Threads - Hibernation Problem BIOS

2. Problem, after bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem, after bios update.: After, updating my HP laptop, the bios caused the audio to be much louder, I made sure it wasn't my drivers and it started after my bios updated, I rolled back my drivers, updated them nothing....
  3. Problem, after bios update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem, after bios update.: After, updating my HP laptop, the bios caused the audio to be much louder, I made sure it wasn't my drivers and it started after my bios updated, I rolled back my drivers, updated them nothing....
  4. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems after bios update: Yesterday i installed the new asus bios update, and after thsat things havent been good. random boot loops, ssd for some reason running on 0% or 1% reading, and games starting and then randomly crashing. first minecraft then battlefield which didnt happen before. and the...
  5. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems after bios update: Yesterday i installed the new asus bios update, and after thsat things havent been good. random boot loops, ssd for some reason running on 0% or 1% reading, and games starting and then randomly crashing. first minecraft then battlefield which didnt happen before. and the...
  6. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc turning on after hibernation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turning on after hibernation problem: Hello everyone. I have a weird problem with my pc, after it goes into hibernation, waking it up doesn't always work. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes quite often nowadays it won't turn on fully, all leds turn on, fans ramp up but there is no video output, and the...
  8. Hibernation problem after SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation problem after SSD upgrade: [ATTACH] Hi, I got a new NVME-SSD for Christmas. I inserted it into the second M2-slot of my mainboard. In the first slot is my "old" SATA-SSD. I would have had to dissasemble the whole computer to get access to the first slot. Next I cloned my partitions from the old to...
  9. BIOS update problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS update problem: Hi guys. Not sure if I'm in the right thread, but I'll ask anyway. I just recently bought an ASUS Prime X470 Pro motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU. Right now my Bios version is 5204, and the latest version is 5406. I've tried to update to the latest bios using EZ Flash,...
  10. Hibernate problem after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate problem after update to 1903: I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1903 running on a Dell Inspiron with SSD and HDD. Windows runs on the SSD. Ever since the update when I try to put the computer in Sleep (Hibernate) mode, it wakes up a few minutes later with no keystrokes, no mouse activity, and...