Windows 10: hibernation problem with my laptop

Discus and support hibernation problem with my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have tried everthing but still not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by prebtea, Dec 17, 2022.

1. prebtea Win User

hibernation problem with my laptop

i have tried everthing but still not working.

:)

prebtea, Dec 17, 2022

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 17, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Dec 17, 2022
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 17, 2022
Thema:

1. hibernation problem with my laptop - Similar Threads - hibernation problem laptop

2. Laptop problems with hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop problems with hibernation: My new laptop with Windows 11 goes into hibernation every night and it won't come out until I turn the computer off and back on. I was given information about finding out if the keyboard and mouse have permission to wake the computer but I don't have a power option in the...
  3. Laptop problems with hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop problems with hibernation: My new laptop with Windows 11 goes into hibernation every night and it won't come out until I turn the computer off and back on. I was given information about finding out if the keyboard and mouse have permission to wake the computer but I don't have a power option in the...
  4. hibernation problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867
  5. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  6. hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate

hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate: Nice thread. While I have hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate. I've read there may be apps that can influence whether I can hibernate my PC. Is there an easy way to identify which apps have this annoying "feature" so I can either disable or...
  7. Problem unsolved on my laptop auto hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem unsolved on my laptop auto hibernate issue: The issue I asked last time: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-laptop-suddenly-go-sleep-mode-and/b3dc6b6e-ecac-413f-8f19-7044ebb99725 After I applied the solution my laptop face the issue lesser, however, It will happen again from time to...
  8. Problems with hibernate

Problems with hibernate: I almost only use hibernate when turning off my Windows 10 computer. But often I guess every 10th time when I turn on my computer after hibernate Windows 10 just starts as if I had turned of my computer or made a restart. When it does that all my work has gone. Can I see in...
  9. My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating": Hello, yesterday I was using my laptop then when I was using Messenger, it said "No More Memory, please end a task" and so I looked at the taskbar and most of it was an app from system32 called "audiodg.exe" I then proceeded to end it and then I Shut it Down. After that, when...
  10. Hibernation Problem

Hibernation Problem: Using Win 10, computer is set for hibernation however when I go to start/power/hibernate, computer goes to hibernation only to come back on in less than a minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem/0e5b7139-5ff5-4be1-8d74-c48ab6e29377