Windows 10: Hibernation Problem

Discus and support Hibernation Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Using Win 10, computer is set for hibernation however when I go to start/power/hibernate, computer goes to hibernation only to come back on in less... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ambomad, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ambomad Win User

Hibernation Problem

Using Win 10, computer is set for hibernation however when I go to start/power/hibernate, computer goes to hibernation only to come back on in less than a minute.

:)

ambomad, Jun 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 20, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Hibernation Problem

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Hibernation Problem

1. Hibernation Problem - Similar Threads - Hibernation Problem

2. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...
  3. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...
  4. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  5. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  6. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate: Hello there,Every time I hibernate my PC after turning it on, the Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from hibernation.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  7. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate: Hello there,Every time I hibernate my PC after turning it on, the Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from hibernation.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  8. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. hibernation problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867
  10. hibernation problem with my laptop

hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hibernation problem