Windows 10: Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host

Discus and support Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've recently noticed that my laptop is going to sleep when I press the power button. I've had it configured to hibernation previously.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 43615, May 31, 2019.

1. 43615 Win User

Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host

Hey everyone,
    I've recently noticed that my laptop is going to sleep when I press the power button. I've had it configured to hibernation previously. However, when I opened the power settings, neither the Fast Boot nor the hibernation was present. Not greyed out, but nonexistent. See first screenshot.
    I've then found this (and many other) help pages: Fix: Hibernate Option Missing in Windows 10 Power Options | Password Recovery
    They tell you to run powercfg /hibernate on and powercfg /h /type full to enable hibernation.
    However, this didn't work for me as it was "blocked by Guarded Host". See second screenshot.
    I haven't changed anything regarding power recently, so this is very unexpected.
    I don't know what to do. Please help!

:)

43615, May 31, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 31, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, May 31, 2019
  4. Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host

Is it ok to Hibernate on W10

Just for clarity, what are the specific steps that you took in adding the hibernate option to the Start menu? We will give you the most advisable way in adding back the hibernate option to the Start menu. Kindly do the following steps using an administrator
    account:

• Type control panel on the search bar.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • On the left panel, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Put a check on Hibernate.
    • Click on Save changes, then close the window.

If the steps that you took are different from what we have given, we highly recommend that you do the given steps instead.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host

1. Hibernation settings unavailable and blocked by Guarded Host - Similar Threads - Hibernation settings unavailable

2. Does Windows 10 or 11 as a guarded host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 or 11 as a guarded host: Does Windows 10 or 11 support running shielded vms in a HGS environment as a guarded host. It appears this is possible in Windows 10 1809 but cant find if this is still the case with later versions...
  3. Does Windows 10 or 11 as a guarded host

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 or 11 as a guarded host: Does Windows 10 or 11 support running shielded vms in a HGS environment as a guarded host. It appears this is possible in Windows 10 1809 but cant find if this is still the case with later versions...
  4. Does Windows 10 or 11 as a guarded host

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Guarded hoost hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Guarded hoost hibernation: Even though Guarded host is turned off it still will not let me turn hibernation on no matter what i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guarded-hoost-hibernation/373b2814-43c5-465e-a07a-fd1ad7096572
  6. Guarded hoost hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guarded hoost hibernation: Even though Guarded host is turned off it still will not let me turn hibernation on no matter what i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guarded-hoost-hibernation/373b2814-43c5-465e-a07a-fd1ad7096572
  7. Guarded hoost hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hibernation causes a host of issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation causes a host of issues: I like to hibernate my computer when I'm not using it because it turns essentially everything off without closing anything I have open, but recently it has been causing quite a few undesirable issues that I cannot seem to fix. 1. MouseUpon waking up from hibernation, my mouse...
  9. Hibernation causes a host of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation causes a host of issues: I like to hibernate my computer when I'm not using it because it turns essentially everything off without closing anything I have open, but recently it has been causing quite a few undesirable issues that I cannot seem to fix. 1. MouseUpon waking up from hibernation, my mouse...
  10. Windows 10 - Guarded Host - Blocked Information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Guarded Host - Blocked Information: Hi, I have a question, today after install Windows 10 Evaluation Copy Build 18312. I go to Control Panel > Programs and Features in > Turn Windows Features On or Off i select the box "Guarded Host" and automatically the Hyper-V with square black. I receive a message to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server enable hibernation shielded

2. guarded host disable hibernation

3. guarded host hibernate

4. guarded host blocks hibernation mode,
  5. how to access guarded host in windows 10 pro,
  6. guarded host hibernation,
  7. hibernate guarded host,
  8. guarded host