Windows 10: Hibernation shuts down the PC

Discus and support Hibernation shuts down the PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4dmrkey, May 8, 2020.

1. Hibernation shuts down the PC

Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all apps. It just goes OFF instantly

The power plan settings hard disk turn off is set to 0 as advised. This happened after may 2020 insider update.

Anyone else facing this? This worries me if it will affect my hardware

submitted by /u/4dmrkey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4dmrkey, May 8, 2020
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, May 8, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, May 8, 2020
  4. Hibernation shuts down the PC

"Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Hibernation shuts down the PC

1. Hibernation shuts down the PC - Similar Threads - Hibernation shuts down

2. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  3. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  4. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR after shutting down or hibernating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR after shutting down or hibernating: Hi Experts, I have a HP Elitebook 840 G5 that is running into INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR bugcheck when starting up the laptop after shutting down, rebooting or hibernating. This issue is intermittent but it's happening quite a few times for the past couple of months to be...
  5. Is there a way to initiate hibernation without shutting the PC down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to initiate hibernation without shutting the PC down?: Because of terrible power services in my area (and the lack of an inverter / power backup solution), I've lost important work on my PC thrice today each time the power went out. So I started wondering if it was possible to initiate something like Hibernation, make Windows...
  6. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  7. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...
  8. "Shut Down" only enters Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    "Shut Down" only enters Hibernate: Here's something strange! I tried to shut my computer down because of another problem, and I found that it only went into Hibernate. When I started it back up, programs were still running that would have normally been turned off when the computer shuts down. So I tried it...
  9. Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating: Hi Everyone I have HP elitebook 8460P Core i5 Second generation laptop. And I installed windows 10 32bit. But there is a big problem. And the problem is that , that when i am clicking on shut down, shutting down screen appears. and after that My PC's screen become black,...
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shuts down instead of sleep inmy dual boot pc