Windows 10: Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity

Discus and support Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hibernation ON: Upon shutting down my Acer Aspire 5250 Laptop when hibernation is enabled, the computer doesn't shut down normally. Instead, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity

Hibernation ON: Upon shutting down my Acer Aspire 5250 Laptop when hibernation is enabled, the computer doesn't shut down normally. Instead, the screen goes black as if it's shutting down and then the power light blinks and then finally it shuts down.

Hibernation OFF: Upon shutting down my Acer Aspire 5250 Laptop when hibernation is disabled, the computer shuts down normally. The screen goes black letting you know it is shutting down, power light goes off as well as it itself.

Touchpad Sensitivity: I use a wireless mouse. However when I am using Microsoft Edge (Most of time), Internet Explorer (Sometimes), or Google Chrome (Only on Sundays) my touchpad is overly sensitive. If I accidentally bump it with my hand, it changes the size of my browsers' webpage.

Please help me with this! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 13, 2016

2. Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity issues in Windows 10.

Original Title: Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity

Hibernation ON: Upon shutting down my Acer Aspire 5250 Laptop when hibernation is enabled, the computer doesn't shut down normally. Instead, the screen goes black as if it's shutting down and then the power light blinks and then finally it shuts down.

Hibernation OFF: Upon shutting down my Acer Aspire 5250 Laptop when hibernation is disabled, the computer shuts down normally. The screen goes black letting you know it is shutting down, power light goes off as well as it itself.

Touchpad Sensitivity: I use a wireless mouse. However when I am using Microsoft Edge (Most of time), Internet Explorer (Sometimes), or Google Chrome (Only on Sundays) my touchpad is overly sensitive. If I accidentally bump it with my hand, it changes the size
    of my browsers' webpage.

Please help me with this!
    Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity [​IMG]

Jesse.Williams, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity issues in Windows 10.

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue. We apologize for the delay in response.

We are glad to know your issue with touchpad sensitivity is resolved.

Since the issue you are facing with is Edge browser which is one of the Windows app, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and
    the Store.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 13, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity

So what exactly are you stating is wrong?

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Well it's not supposed to shut down like that when hibernation is on is it?

Also, how can I fix the touchpad from being too sensitive?

Jesse Williams, Jan 13, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Two different things that you can control. See nothing wrong with what you are stating as the behavior for Hibernate. As for the mouse, you have control over that also. The key words are Mouse & Control.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  7. Thanks for the help bro67. I got it fixed. However, when I just opened Microsoft Edge it froze up and was making a beeping sound. There is no virus, as I did a full system scan today with Norton, MBAM, and SAS. Those programs did not find any problems. It may be a driver. Not sure!

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity

1. Hibernation, Shutting Down, and Touchpad Sensitivity - Similar Threads - Hibernation Shutting Down

2. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  3. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  4. Hibernation shuts down the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation shuts down the PC: Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all apps. It just goes OFF instantly The power plan settings hard disk turn off is set to 0 as advised. This happened after may 2020...
  5. Touchpad Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Sensitivity: Dell XPS 9370 / Windows 10 May 2019 Update The slightest 'single finger' graze causes the Touchpad to register a 'left-click'. Touchpad sensitivity setting seems to make no difference. Same problem with previous version of Windows 10. Experiencing multiple false...
  6. touchpad sensitivity

touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  7. touchpad sensitivity

in Windows 10 Support
    touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  8. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...
  9. Touchpad Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Sensitivity: There are two places to adjust touchpad sensitivity on Windows 10 and my Lenovo laptop. One is Settings/Devices/Touchpad/Touchpad sensitivity/Most sensitive to Low sensitivity. The other, beginning on the same page where this adjustment can be made, is also Additional...
  10. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...