Windows 10: Hibernation still taking up space after disabling?

Discus and support Hibernation still taking up space after disabling? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In Storage settings I noticed that the "Hibernation file" takes 6,37GB of space. After disabling Hibernation mode as well as Hybrid mode in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Hibernation still taking up space after disabling?

Hello, In Storage settings I noticed that the "Hibernation file" takes 6,37GB of space. After disabling Hibernation mode as well as Hybrid mode in the Advanced Power settings the Hibernation file still takes up the same amount of space. I do have Sleep mode enabled but that shouldn't be using the Hibernation file if I'm right, since Hybrid mode is disabled. I can see that the Hibernation file hiberfil.sys is still in C:/ when showing system files. Shouldn't disabling Hibernation mode free up that reserved space? I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2

:)

JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Hello,

In Storage settings I noticed that the "Hibernation file" takes 6,37GB of space. After disabling Hibernation mode as well as Hybrid mode in the Advanced Power settings the Hibernation file still takes up the same amount of space. I do have Sleep mode enabled but that shouldn't be using the Hibernation file if I'm right, since Hybrid mode is disabled.

I can see that the Hibernation file hiberfil.sys is still in C:/ when showing system files.

Shouldn't disabling Hibernation mode free up that reserved space? I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2

JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021
  3. Callender Win User

On may SSD setting hybrid shutdown (fast startup) and disabling hibernation results in a slight delay on boot but I can wait 20 or 30 seconds longer for everything to load. It's not an issue for me.

Hibernation still taking up space after disabling? [​IMG]

Callender, May 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

To quote the tutorial:
    I.e. if you follow the tutorial, you have the option.

Last link from the tutorial ->
    Specify Hiberfile Type as Full or Reduced in Windows 10

You need to decide what you want.. no hiberfil.sys = no fast startup.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Hibernation still taking up space after disabling? - Similar Threads - Hibernation still taking

2. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  3. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  4. Deleted torrent file still taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted torrent file still taking up space: I was using free download manager today in order to install a torrent file, I realized that the torrent file was way too big and the download size was way too slow, it said would take 11 weeks to install and it was installing like one KB per second. I deleted the torrent file...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 is still taking up space after uninstalling it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forza Horizon 4 is still taking up space after uninstalling it: After uninstalling it still had storage taken up. The application folder doesn't show up at all anywhere on my SSD. I don't know what to do. I need help! submitted by /u/Lebiuqse [link] [comments]...
  6. Cancelled download still taking up space

Cancelled download still taking up space: So I started to download a game on the Xbox app but cancelled it before it could finish, the reserved space is still there, how can I clear this space? submitted by /u/zainur98 [link] [comments]...
  7. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  8. Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.

Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.: So i linked my Google Drive with my Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. After realizing how much space it took up i ended up deleting it. I went into control panel and deleted it, emptied it from my recycle bin but it's still showing all the space being used. Under my pc i search DRIVE...
  9. I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 pro to the 1909 version. Then i went to disk cleanup and chose the "windows update cleanup" option and it deleted the folder Windows.old but it didnt free up space as much as it should. I only have like 33 gigs worth of stuff out of...
  10. Sea of Thieves still taking 47gb of space after uninstall

Sea of Thieves still taking 47gb of space after uninstall: I have uninstalled SoT and it is still taking nearly 50Gb of space in windows apps on my ssd even though both windows and windows store shows it as uninstalled. I can't delete manually as I don't have permission and it wont let me give myself permissions....