Windows 10: Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is...

Discus and support Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; See the screenshot for better explanation. The fast startup option is also missing, but i don't really care about that one. Any help is much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wheresmyfrisbee, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is...

See the screenshot for better explanation. The fast startup option is also missing, but i don't really care about that one.

Any help is much appreciated. Currently running Win10 v20H2. If it helps, one of my RAM sticks has rendered being faulty (took the scan with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool). That's probably when the option has disappeared. Faulty RAM stick is not in use anymore, but the missing option is driving me crazy, as when my laptop discharges, it shuts down, instead of hibernating, causing an unsaved data loss.

submitted by /u/wheresmyfrisbee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wheresmyfrisbee, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Add Hibernate option to Start Menu

Hi,

Just for clarification, why you can not check the Hibernate option in Settings? Is it grayed out?

For now, we suggest that you perform Power troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press Enter.
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click View All on the left pane.
    • Select Power.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Is it ok to Hibernate on W10

Just for clarity, what are the specific steps that you took in adding the hibernate option to the Start menu? We will give you the most advisable way in adding back the hibernate option to the Start menu. Kindly do the following steps using an administrator
    account:

• Type control panel on the search bar.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • On the left panel, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Put a check on Hibernate.
    • Click on Save changes, then close the window.

If the steps that you took are different from what we have given, we highly recommend that you do the given steps instead.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is...

Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry that the solution provided previously didn't work so as to the next step in making the fast startup option work I would suggest you make sure Hibernate option is enabled, please follow the below to enable Hibernate along with Fast Startup Option

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

Step 1:

Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open the Start menu or Start screen.

Step 2:

Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

Step 3:

When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

Step 4:

At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.

Step 5:

Restart the PC

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is...

1. Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is... - Similar Threads - Hibernation suddenly gone

2. hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE: I've tried looking for it in control panel but can't seem to find it. it was very helpful because on my Lenovo 11e there is a led for the ThinkPad logo and it gets very annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't what to shut it down because I want to save my work. Also,...
  3. hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE: I've tried looking for it in control panel but can't seem to find it. it was very helpful because on my Lenovo 11e there is a led for the ThinkPad logo and it gets very annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't what to shut it down because I want to save my work. Also,...
  4. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  5. Hibernate option gone since last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate option gone since last update: ever since the last update the hibernate option has disappeared from the advanced power setting. the checkbox is also gone from the system settings even the "change settings that are unavailable". It no longer shows up and all I can choose from is to lock or sleep. It seems...
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  7. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  8. Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes from hibernation by itself: It is happening around 6:00 AM every morning. Oddly it does not seem to be the exact same time. I have seemingly tried every obvious solution. 105084
  9. hibernation gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation gone?: so i dont use hibernate but I use hybrid sleep. For that reason AND the fact that the hibernate file can use up to like 75% of your memory in disk space - I decided to run the cmd to reduce its size (by half i think). I also disabled UAC (via regedit) and disabled some...
  10. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation: My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have: disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked...