Windows 10: Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible

Discus and support Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm running a DELL Inspirion 16 plus 7620 with Win11 enterprise. As the modern Standby did not work for me I put my laptop into a case and do not like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BoJ_BT, Jan 24, 2023.

1. BoJ_BT Win User

Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible

I'm running a DELL Inspirion 16 plus 7620 with Win11 enterprise. As the modern Standby did not work for me I put my laptop into a case and do not like to have it running / overheating in such a case as modern standby does not sleep but is on standby... yes, I tried - that was the result and as the "good old" standby is not available at this laptop, I have activated hibernation as a workaround. Sometimes it works, but mostly the laptop will not hibernate but the blowers keep running and the laptop is running at least the keyboard back light is on and the Num-LED works - only the screen

:)

BoJ_BT, Jan 24, 2023
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible

Hybernation mode

My Dell 23.8 all-in-one pc is in hybernation mode. Black screen only, no key board wakes or mouse.

I changes batteries for both. Still not waking up at a loss?

Ministry(1), Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible

1. Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible - Similar Threads - Hibernation Black screen

2. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  3. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  4. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  6. Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernation Windows 11: Black screen when entering hybernation no wake-up possible: I'm running a DELL Inspirion 16 plus 7620 with Win11 enterprise. As the modern Standby did not work for me I put my laptop into a case and do not like to have it running / overheating in such a case as modern standby does not sleep but is on standby... yes, I tried - that was...
  7. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  8. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  9. Black screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on wake-up: I've recently started having an issue where I get no signal to my monitor exclusively when I wake my PC up from sleep mode.It first happened about 2 days ago, which was quite a scare, because I thought my GPU had died, but after shutting down and booting from being fully off,...
  10. PC wakes up to hibernate (S4 Doze to Hibernate) when it's disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes up to hibernate (S4 Doze to Hibernate) when it's disabled: A strange occurrence has recently been annoying me on my desktop: I usually put my computer into sleep mode rather than shutting it down, but Windows has started deciding I really want to hibernate instead. Between 1 and 10 minutes after sleeping, the computer wakes up and...