Windows 10: HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

Discus and support HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know how this error started popping up, but when I would shut my laptop down, this error would pop up with something like:HiBoardDataReport.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XxAddictedGamer525xX, May 3, 2022.

1. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

I don't know how this error started popping up, but when I would shut my laptop down, this error would pop up with something like:HiBoardDataReport.exe - Application ErrorThe application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.It hasn't caused any harm, but it's just annoying when it pops up every time when I'm shutting down and also slows down the shutdown process. I've tried everything to try and make it stop, but apparently, nothing works. One day I could think it's gone only to have the error pop up again a day or two later without any reason.As far as

:)

XxAddictedGamer525xX, May 3, 2022

2. error code 0xc0000142

Hi Sally,

The error code "0xc0000142" that you encountered when opening Microsoft Office applications can be caused by several factors including a recent update or corrupted data files on the system. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office do you have?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    to repair an Office application. The article provides a step-by-step guide for different versions of Windows and Microsoft Office.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 3, 2022
  3. xman2007 Win User
    0xc0000142 error code 3 errors in total

left my computer on last night when i went to bed and when i got up today and tried to launch the sims 2 i received the following error code 0xc0000142 ing me the application cannot be started, it also happened when i tried to start any application such as notepad and i had to manually restart my pc to correct it, also in event viewer i keep getting a message regarding the usb device driver so ive uploaded a screenshot of that

and last but not least most of the time windows time and date changes on its own and cannot be updated from the internet it just says an error occurred while windows was synchronising with time.windows.com and in event viewer it says " The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized." (although i think the time thing maybe due to a low cmos battery even though my mobo is only a uear old )

xman2007, May 3, 2022
  4. Epsilons Win User

HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

Error message on shutdown : schtasks.exe application error. 0xc0000142

I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 (OS build : 19041.508) with all the latest update installed and I receive the following error message when I shutdown or restart my computer :

Code:
    schtasks.exe - Application Error
    Code:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
    Code:

Click OK to close this application.

HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer. 6ea1b8c9-593d-48a1-bafa-bea18a8ccb1f?upload=true.jpg

AFAIK, schtasks.exe =
    Task Scheduler (Windows Administratives Tools)

What could be the cause of that? How do I get rid of that error message pretty please?

I tried those commands in the Windows PowerShell with no success :

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow

According to Google :

Epsilons, May 3, 2022
Thema:

HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

1. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer. - Similar Threads - HiBoardDataReport exe Application

2. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.: I don't know how this error started popping up, but when I would shut my laptop down, this error would pop up with something like:HiBoardDataReport.exe - Application ErrorThe application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.It hasn't...
  3. HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HiBoardDataReport.exe Application error with code 0xc0000142 when shutting down computer.: I don't know how this error started popping up, but when I would shut my laptop down, this error would pop up with something like:HiBoardDataReport.exe - Application ErrorThe application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.It hasn't...
  4. Error code: 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 0xc0000142: I had downloaded a trial version of WinZip on 1/5/21; but, didn't use it. On the 10th I decided to buy the new WinZip Pro Suite; it started downloading; but, it stopped and gave me the error code: 0xc0000142. I tried to uninstall the trial version to see if that was stopping...
  5. Application Error code 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error code 0xc0000142: My laptop has never had an issue opening Word documents before. Suddenly, after I downloaded and opened a Word document from my professor, I got a popup saying "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the...
  6. error code 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc0000142: Hi get the following on start up SACpl.exe - Application Error. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 click OK to close the application and Skype.exe - Application Error the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 click OK to close...
  7. WINWORD.EXE Application Error 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINWORD.EXE Application Error 0xc0000142: When I try to open a word document up comes a bright orange/red 'Installing Office Update - Please wait.' notice. I wait until this clears then up comes 'WINWORD.EXE - Application Error 0xc0000142 I close this and try to open my word file and the whole procedure repeats....
  8. LCore.exe - Application Error (0xc0000142)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LCore.exe - Application Error (0xc0000142): [ATTACH] I am getting this error every time I try to open the Logitech Gaming Software. I still use the G13 and it isn't compatible with the hub. The hub works for my other Logitech products. I've tried numerous fixes and nothing has worked. Can anyone help???...
  9. ESRV.EXE Application Error (0xc0000142)

ESRV.EXE Application Error (0xc0000142): When the OS is booting, I get the error in the subject. I read somewhere that it has to do with the Intel Driver Update Assistant, which I had installed at some point and think it hasn't uninstalled properly (because I had to force close the uninstall due to freezing). I...
  10. Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.

Error code 0xc0000142 while shutting down unexpectedly.: After i fully scan(windows defender, and mcafee antivirus) my laptop, it began to shutdown unexpectedly showing the error code everytime i use it. Does anyone knows how to fix this....