Windows 10: Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems...

Discus and support Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm setting up a new Windows 10 PC for somebody that is not too technical. I installed all the software, and then thought I'd give them a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/victorhooi, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems...

Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems... bwJuJBQnDd1ZtLe3F9wC_6Pkrs7Lm_REWxzMwJQHp_c.jpg

I'm setting up a new Windows 10 PC for somebody that is not too technical. I installed all the software, and then thought I'd give them a normal user account, in case they clicked on a malware link etc.

I have the default Administrator user setup - call it "foo".

I then created a second normal user - call it "bar".

I then followed these steps to hide the Administrator "foo" from the login screen - this seemed to be successful, but it seems I no longer have a way to login as "foo" anymore.

If I login as "bar", and try to run something as Administrator - it doesn't even let me enter in credentials - the "Yes" button is missing, and there's no text box to enter in anything:

https://preview.redd.it/4fddqlj4wrm...bp&s=232304484622f96ffe10a2546ff9b8c5bf20fb28

Has anybody seen this behaviour before?

Is there some way to login as "foo", or execute a command under that user's context?

(Also, when I tried to rename "foo" to Administrator", Windows said it was already in use - does Windows 10 have some kind of hidden Administrator user?)

UPDATE: I also tried calling "runas" from the command-line - this failed with error code 740:

runas /user:foo regedit Enter the password for foo: ATtempting to start regedit as user "DESKTOP-CUSNRLV\foo" ... RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - regedit 740: The requested operation requires elevation.

submitted by /u/victorhooi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/victorhooi, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the built-in Administrator account and
    we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario we would suggest you to disable and the enable the
    built-in Administrator account using the command prompt from a different administrator user account and check if the issue persist.

Steps to disable and enable the built-in Administrator account.

1. Click on Windows Search/Cortana and type
      CMD, right click on command prompt and select run as admin.
    2. Type Net user administrator /active:no
      and hit enter key to disable the built-in Administrator account
    3. Restart the PC and login to the
      Administrator account and perform step 1.
    4. Type Net user administrator /active:yes
      and hit enter key to enable the built-in Administrator account

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems...

No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems...

1. Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems... - Similar Threads - Hid Administrator user

2. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  3. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  4. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  5. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  6. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  8. Administrator Account Locked Out

Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  9. Deleted administrative users, locked out from EVERYTHING.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted administrative users, locked out from EVERYTHING.: Hello, I was tired of being locked out of the files on my own computer, so I deleted all the administrative users except from one that I gave full access to, thinking it would let me access all content without giving admin's approval. I have tried all 7 options in this...
  10. Locked out of Administrator Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Administrator Account login: Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail. Every solution or workaround...