Windows 10: HID Compliant Game Controller prevent Monitor from sleeping 1709 win

Discus and support HID Compliant Game Controller prevent Monitor from sleeping 1709 win in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recall this issue in the past, in a previous version of Windows 10.. but I now know with certainty it exists in my install of Win 10 x64.. for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markm75, Feb 24, 2018.

1. markm75 Win User

HID Compliant Game Controller prevent Monitor from sleeping 1709 win

I recall this issue in the past, in a previous version of Windows 10.. but I now know with certainty it exists in my install of Win 10 x64..
    for those using the ch yoke (eclipse in my case) and pedals.. have you ran into this and ever found a solution? (from digging around it exists for other hid based hat switch controllers as well)

If these two are plugged in, the screens will never time out and goto power save or screen saver mode. It appears this bug has returned.

I cant figure a way around it for now, short of disabling them in the device manager. What would be nice is, if there was a way to pro-grammatically, via batch file.. disable the two after an idle period is reached.

I've tried everything to get around it otherwise..
    different usb power save options in the power options, neither disabled or enabled works.. there is no power save tab for the devices themselves..

its an issue with the HID portion.

Any experiences out there?

Thanks in advance

:)

markm75, Feb 24, 2018

2. windows 10 screen saver doesn't work

I followed your instructions but there is no HID Game controller.

Below is the list on my computer:

HID-compliant consumer control device

HID-compliant touch screen

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant whiteboard

Microsoft Input Configuration Device

USB Input Device

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Yoga Studio, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Screensaver and Sleep Mode not Working with Game Controllers Connected

Same issue as everyone has previously mentioned. The HID compliant device that is preventing my Win10 machine from sleeping is the PS4 Dual Shock controller.

Alladin Shane, Feb 24, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

Check out whether your USB HUB on the Motherboard have a newer Firmware available , I have had to update several asmedia and via based MBs and external Hubs, so they would sleep and wake properly in Win10.

USB DEview is a good free app that can give you some information and another is UsbTreeView , also Free.

the Plugables Website also has a number of pages on USB Hub Firmware Upgrades.

Plugable USB 3.0 Hub Firmware History Updates - Plugable

Kbird, Feb 24, 2018
  5. markm75 Win User
    I'm kinda thinking its not firmware on the usb related.. i have the two devices going into a 5 port card (inateck).. i have also tried them into the motherboard ports, as well as external hubs.. all the same.

If i dual boot into my test win 10 partition, i dont have this issue.. so either its the result of a later win 10 update or some weird combination of drivers causing the issue. I have also tried killing processes left and right to rule those out.

My next test was to be a different profile, same hard drive image and go from there i guess.

markm75, Feb 24, 2018
  6. Kbird Win User
  7. markm75 Win User
    Interesting, but i dont think this applies in my case.. i actually froze/disabled updates after around jan 1st.. the problem has been since at least then.. i decided to update again to see if it would fix things.. and yes i see this KB update, but since it existed prior to this, i'm sure its not the cause either.

markm75, Feb 25, 2018
  8. markm75 Win User

I already knew i could disable the hid compliant game controller in device manager (not a solution for me).. so i installed a fresh windows on another partition with some minimal installs.. v1709 of windows.. no issues with the lcds going to sleep.Therefore i knew this is software/driver/services related..At one point on the problem windows partition, i went to reboot, it stalled for some reason, many things got killed.. suddenly the screens were powering off.So I know a process or service must be tying things up with those hid drivers.. i just cant figure out which.I could try msconfig and rule some things out, but i went through one by one killing processes.. no luck.. same deal with services.. hitting stop.. no luck.

markm75, Mar 6, 2018
  9. markm75 Win User
    Further testing.. logged into another profile.. with my main one open.. if i do this.. the monitor sleeps no issues.. which is a bit odd considering the main profile is still active along with the processes.

markm75, Mar 6, 2018
  10. markm75 Win User
    So far its looking like one of the 5 or 6 (or all) Nvidia processes are causing the issue and also preventing the pc from sleeping.. if i kill those (while under another profile), then come into my main profile everything works. Running 388.71 drivers (recently even did a clean install of them). Possibly specific to the geforce experience (after opening then closing even)

markm75, Mar 7, 2018
  11. Kbird Win User
    The 388 series of Drivers have a number of weird issues , I suggest 382.05 for me it is as fast as any of the newer Drivers without the other issues. (or the very latest 391.01 which I am testing this week and seems ok.) 368.69 was also a good driver.

Are you running CH Control Manager? have you tried uninstalling it if so? you said it only happens when the CH yoke and Pedals are plugged in right?

KB

Kbird, Mar 7, 2018
  12. markm75 Win User
    Well for vr 388. 71 was the ticket

It turns out to definitely be the GeForce experience. There is a thread that ties that to the hid issue. Even the beta breaks sleep as well. I removed it and all is well

markm75, Mar 7, 2018
  13. Kbird Win User

Great.... always good to finally fix stuff like that... *Smile

I don't use Geforce Experience , I always do a custom clean Install and uncheck it and the 3D Vision stuff too since I don't use it either.

391.01 is working nicely here.... haven't seen any issues reported with it here or the other Forums I visit.

KB.

Kbird, Mar 7, 2018
  14. Kbird Win User
    Do you mean VR as in Occulus Rift ? cos I just saw a warning on another site not to use the latest Nvidia Drivers , they also mention USB HID issues after the Windows 10 FCU Update....

Oculus warns against using Nvidias black screen of death | PCGamesN

Kbird, Mar 7, 2018
  15. markm75 Win User
    Yep it sure is a great feeling after hours of misery haha

I used it for shadow play recording. Do you do any recording and if so what do you use?

markm75, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

1. HID Compliant Game Controller prevent Monitor from sleeping 1709 win - Similar Threads - HID Compliant Game

2. HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023: Hoping someone can help with this. It is a very simple issue: The HID-compliant game controller in Device Manager prevents my monitor from sleeping. This is an issue A TON of people have had if you merely search on this forum. And yet, there doesn't appear to be any interest...
  3. HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID-compliant game controller still preventing monitor from sleeping in 2023: Hoping someone can help with this. It is a very simple issue: The HID-compliant game controller in Device Manager prevents my monitor from sleeping. This is an issue A TON of people have had if you merely search on this forum. And yet, there doesn't appear to be any interest...
  4. HID compliant game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID compliant game controller: Hello I have the same error as u did a long time ago about HID compliant game controller I cant seem to be able to detect my controller by any third party app so could you help me out since u mentioned that u fixed the issue much appreciated...
  5. HID compliant game controller

HID compliant game controller: Hello I have the same error as u did a long time ago about HID compliant game controller I cant seem to be able to detect my controller by any third party app so could you help me out since u mentioned that u fixed the issue much appreciated...
  6. HID compliant game controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. hid compliant game controller

hid compliant game controller: hi i need help i can not see hid compliant game controller in my device manager and my pc can not connect with my controller ps5 yeah and i click view button then show hidden device and i can not see hid compliant game controller how i can download it....
  8. hid compliant game controller

hid compliant game controller: hi i need help i can not see hid compliant game controller in my device manager and my pc can not connect with my controller ps5 yeah and i click view button then show hidden device and i can not see hid compliant game controller how i can download it....
  9. HID Compliant Game Controller

HID Compliant Game Controller: I disabled the HID compliant game controller because I was having some problems with a game thinking I was using a controller when I was not, but when I went to re-enable it and it was missing. I "showed hidden devices" and it came up but I am unable to re-enable it. What can...
  10. HID-compliant game controller

HID-compliant game controller: I have a ps4 controller and I have an error at the HID-compliant game controller. I shoul have drivers there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-game-controller/e8850761-f583-446a-8eb5-b1da6a8609ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable game controller from preventing sleep