Windows 10: HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager

Discus and support HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got my Surface Pro 7 last Christmas and everything's working out so well. I've been using it for work I'm an illustrator so I use the pen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tery Gasmen, Jan 17, 2021.

1. HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager

I just got my Surface Pro 7 last Christmas and everything's working out so well. I've been using it for work I'm an illustrator so I use the pen and the touch screen a lot and for uni my notebooks are digital so I also use the pen and the touch screen a lot.

However, since the last Windows 10 update 01/16/21, my pen started losing its stabilizer or at least it didn't make clean lines, then I thought that I needed to change the battery, but a few seconds later, it stopped working completely. When I checked, even my touch screen stopped working as well.

I've tried rebooting it and when it was back on, the touch screen was working but the pen wasn't. So I tried rebooting it again but both are not working. So I looked up how others fixed theirs and I tried one thing which was to uninstall and reinstall the HID touch screen driver. But when I did that, it was showing up in the hidden drivers for a while, then it was gone completely. I couldn't find it anymore. So I restarted my computer again and checked for windows update and so I let it update for a while. When I got back, the touch screen driver still was still missing in the device manager, even when it shows all hidden drivers. This time, I also noticed that even the HID compliant pen driver is missing too. And I have a code 10 error with Intel R Precise Touch Device driver.

I can't find any fix anywhere for this issue.

:)

Tery Gasmen, Jan 17, 2021

2. HID-Compliant touch screen

HID-Compliant touch screen is not even listed under device manager anymore after doing an update. I have Toshiba Satellite, Windows 10.

I have checked hidden folders, tried detecting for changes, updated drivers, everything. Still no touch screen. Please help?

DarlinLass, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Tholsen Win User
    HID-Compliant touch screen is no longer in my device manager

Hi Tisha21

I was lucky to solve the HID touch screen problem on my labtop in this way:

Computer Management / Device Manager / System Devices

Under System Devices, I started clicking update drivers for each and every system device on the list.
    Most were already updated, but a bit down the list there was a device that was not updated.
    Unfortunately, I do not remember which one should be updated, but suddenly the
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen component was no longer a hidden device an the touch screen worked Again

/Thomas

Tholsen, Jan 17, 2021
  4. HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager

Where can I find the drivers to reinstall HID-compliant touch screen as an option in HID in Device Manager?

I have an ACER UT241Y touch screen monitor which is connected via HDMI to a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit mini PC.

The touch screen isn't working and all of the support threads I've read point to the "HID-compliant touch screen" option in the Human Interface Devices list in Device Manager.

Problem is, I don't have an "HID-compliant touch screen" option in the Human Interface Devices list in Device Manager.

How do I get it back?

Thank you.

TMT

Trad Music Trust, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager

1. HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager - Similar Threads - HID compliant pen

2. HID-Compliant Touch Screen is missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen is missing from Device Manager: Dear Team,I have seen that the HID-Compliant touch screen is missing.I have tried troubleshooting, but it is not working, I have tried to click "Show Hidden Devices", not working, I have tried to click "Scan for hardware changes", not working!NOTE: I'm using HP 250 G8...
  3. HID - compliant touch screen Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID - compliant touch screen Device: Hey! My touch screen is disabled . I tried to fix it by updating drivers but the option of enable or disable is not there. I can only see four options - update driver/uninstall device/scan for hardware changes/properties, enable or disable option is missing. Should I...
  4. HID compliant Touch screen driver

HID compliant Touch screen driver: My Dell Inspiron 5490 touchscreen stopped working. I don't know when since I don't use it often but it probably occurred after a windows update. Searching online a suggestion was to uninstall the HID compliant Touch screen driver and then scan for hardware changes which...
  5. HID-compliant Touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HID-compliant Touch screen: I did a feature update for windows 10, version 20H2 and now the touchscreen stopped working. I really need some help to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-touch-screen/47404684-7310-4bc8-bc50-d214b4857401
  6. HID Compliant Touch Screen Drivers

HID Compliant Touch Screen Drivers: Hi Everyone, In last 2-3 days I have gone through Windows 2004 update process for my touchscreen Micromax Canvas Laptab LT777W and my Desktop. My desktop update was smooth but due to low storage on Laptab it got complicated and I stuck in Automatic repair blue screen loop....
  7. HID compliant touch screen driver

HID compliant touch screen driver: How do I download the missing HID compliant touch screen driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-touch-screen-driver/ff1c1940-0746-407f-b390-ebec0b75362f
  8. HID Compliant Touch Screen missing in Device Manager

HID Compliant Touch Screen missing in Device Manager: Hi Team, My touch screen stopped working after the windows update. I believe its due to the windows update. I have tried all the suggestion given in the forum. 1) Reset PC. 2) Scan for hardware changes in device manager 3) View Hidden devices 4) Troubleshoot Hardware...
  9. HID-Compliant Touch Screen

HID-Compliant Touch Screen: My Laptop Is DELL XPS L702X With touch screen .. so i could turn of the touch screen *Windows 8.1* .. since week i had installed windows 10 and i want to turn off touch screen but i can't .. HID-Compliant Device Isn't appear in device manager so i can't turn it off...
  10. hid compliant touch screen

hid compliant touch screen: HID compliant touch screen not shown in device manager - scan for hardward/add legacy device/update and restart do not restore at all---any one has a solution ?...