Windows 10: HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

Discus and support HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3. while updating the driver,my touchpad stopped working. when I checked in the device manager there is a new driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by konark dubey, Mar 29, 2023.

1. HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

I am using Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3. while updating the driver,my touchpad stopped working. when I checked in the device manager there is a new driver called keyboard device with an error symbol showing up,Tried to update it but an error comes up "window found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them". I tried every option from resetting my window to updating driversnothing seems to work. I would appreciate any help regarding this issue.

:)

konark dubey, Mar 29, 2023
  2. emon1089 Win User

HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to Windows 11.

Hi Mr. Greg,

Thank you so much for your advice. I could not come to a solution yet. I tried the steps you provided. As I tried them I have made notes. Please help me with any other suggestions you may have.

1. I tried to look up in manufacturer's website, they don't have the touchpad driver listed there (HID Compliant touch pad). I also have everything updated.

2. I could not perform this task, because the driver is missing in the device manager. My friend has the same laptop, he also recently upgraded. I checked his device manager. He has (HID compliant touch pad) extra while I don't. His touchpad is working.

3. The driver is not there, so couldn't try to uninstall it.

4. a. 1st link didn't work.

b. 2nd link didn't work. No touchpad option in BIOS.

c. 3rd link didn't work. No driver was found at the manufacturer's website for the specific model. Found some drivers, installed several drivers for the touchpad. None of them seems to solve the problem.

d. I have tried the instructions prior found in the video but didn't help.

5. There is no touchpad option in the settings

6. Didn't work

7. Reinstalling didn't solve the issue.

Sincerely,

Emon

emon1089, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Touchpad missing in device manager

ASUS E403S

Windows 8 version 6.3 Build 9600

Touchpad not working and missing from device manager even when showing hidden files

No HID compliant device apart from the mouse

Was running on Win 8.1 when this happened

Net controller was also missing but I managed to install it

Tried to install SmartGesture_Win81_64_VER3014 to no avail

Most updates do not happen as the system gets stuck on checking for the updates

Would appreciate any specific help as I have gone through many suggestions with no success.

Pierre

PierreAchi, Mar 29, 2023
  4. HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

touchpad

I cannot disable touch pad on my dell d830 laptop running windows10 Pro, 64 bit.

the touchpad is not listed (used to be) under device manager. When selecting view on device manager, additional items are listed

under "human interface devices", but none are identified as the touchpad. The listings are:

HID compliant consumer control device

HID compliant vendor defined device

Hid compliant vendor defined device

USB input device

USB input device

andrewkey2, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

1. HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to... - Similar Threads - HID Compliant touchpad

2. HID Devices and Touchpad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Devices and Touchpad is not working: the touchpad is notworking i have tried various methods across the internet but none of them worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-devices-and-touchpad-is-not-working/be8dd790-21e5-41ea-87e7-33ef41dab57c
  3. HID Devices and Touchpad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Devices and Touchpad is not working: the touchpad is notworking i have tried various methods across the internet but none of them worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-devices-and-touchpad-is-not-working/be8dd790-21e5-41ea-87e7-33ef41dab57c
  4. HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...: I am using Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3. while updating the driver,my touchpad stopped working. when I checked in the device manager there is a new driver called keyboard device with an error symbol showing up,Tried to update it but an error comes up "window found drivers for your...
  5. Duplicate I2C HID device touchpad in Device Manager

Duplicate I2C HID device touchpad in Device Manager: Hi,I'm using Dell Inspiron 13 7370 with Windows 11. I work well in 6 months, but now I cannot using multi-finger 's function of the touchpad. After checking for a while, I found something:- I2C HID Device is duplicated with error code 10- The working I2C HID device has the...
  6. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  7. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  8. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...: I am using a Lenovo Ideapad laptop. I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 after I was prompted. Just after upgrading I see, the touchpad is not working and the driver for the touchpad is missing in the device manager. I have tried several methods found on google and...
  10. HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...

HID Compliant touchpad missing in device manager, touchpad not working after upgrading to...: I am using a Lenovo Ideapad laptop. I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 after I was prompted. Just after upgrading I see, the touchpad is not working and the driver for the touchpad is missing in the device manager. I have tried several methods found on google and...