Windows 10: HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working

Discus and support HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10 Home version 1903, and I have been experiencing an issue where my USB mouse does not work. It is an Acer wireless optical mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AveryFN, Nov 24, 2019.

1. AveryFN Win User

HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working

I am on Windows 10 Home version 1903, and I have been experiencing an issue where my USB mouse does not work. It is an Acer wireless optical mouse, though I doubt that matters since the issue persists even after swapping out the mouse.

The mouse appears on the list of devices in both Settings and the Device Manager, and the device status under the device's properties in Device Manager indicates that "This device is working properly." Whatever the issue is, Windows can't detect it.

Unlike another user I've seen with a similar problem, the mouse does NOT work when I boot into Safe Mode.

Swapping out the mouse has been unsuccessful.

Swapping out the mouse's battery has been unsuccessful.

Removing the mouse's battery and putting it back in has been unsuccessful.

Unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in has been unsuccessful.

Swapping the mouse into a different USB port has been unsuccessful.

Removing the mouse, power cycling the PC, and plugging the mouse back in has been unsuccessful (although it does cause the cursor to appear, which is more than I can say of any other method. Still can't move it, though).

When I attempt to update the drivers in Device Manager, it tells me that my drivers are up-to-date.

Resetting my Windows installation has been unsuccessful.

The strangest thing about this issue, however, is the fact that sometimes, after several hours (the time varies), the mouse inexplicably fixes itself and works for several hours more—usually until I shut the PC off or leave it on overnight. Either way, I'm stuck with this issue just about every single morning, and I want to figure out what on Earth is going on here. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: One solution that has worked for me just now, though I can't begin to explain why, is uninstalling the mouse, power cycling, signing in, plugging the mouse in, removing the mouse's battery and putting it back in, all in that order. I have no clue what part of this, if any, was what fixed the problem, and I anticipate the problem will return very soon (just as it always has) and I don't know if this solution will work in the future. So does anyone know what exactly could be causing this strange reoccurring problem?

:)

AveryFN, Nov 24, 2019

2. HID Compliant mouse problems

Since the Creators update when I restart my PC the mouse moves to the top of the screen. It just moves on its own power. I have to unplug both my G35 headset and my X52 HOTAS from there I have to go to Device Manager and remove the 2 HID compliant mouses. Then I can plug them both back in and everything works ok. I also have a Logitech Wireless mouse that shows in the Device Manager and I leave that one running. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's a pain in the *** to have to go through this after every restart. I downloaded the latest Logitech drivers but they were no help. I really don't understand why I get 2 separate HID compliant mouses as well as the Logitech mouse in the Device Manager. Any suggestions?

Tigeromega, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Mouse Not Working - Windows 10 - HID Compliant

I see you added a HID usb mouse. A quick fix for me was changing the USB port on my Microsoft HID compliant mouse and putting a piece of paper on my mouse pad but the next time I booted up the jerky mouse movements came back! The only thing that tries
    to work now is going into the device manager from control panel and deleting HID mouse drivers 1,2,4 and leaving the third one there but again if I reboot they all come back! I wish someone would come up with a registry fix for that to delete 3 of the HID
    mouse drivers and leave the third one alone as it actually works!

denniskimsey, Nov 24, 2019
  4. HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working

HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working

1. HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working - Similar Threads - HID compliant USB

2. Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively: Hi,I have a redragon keyboard and a razer deathadder essential mouse and both devices have been recognized as different device names. Even when you right-click on properties the Windows is displayed as manufacturer of the mouse device.For this reason, my devices cannot be...
  3. Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively: Hi,I have a redragon keyboard and a razer deathadder essential mouse and both devices have been recognized as different device names. Even when you right-click on properties the Windows is displayed as manufacturer of the mouse device.For this reason, my devices cannot be...
  4. Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HID Compliant Mouse missing

HID Compliant Mouse missing: My touchpad was being glitchy for the past 2 days, being very unresponsive and jumping around the screen, and while I was working, it just disappeared. Wasn't tinkering with it, just stopped. Followed a youtube tutorial on how to fix it, but I uninstalled ithid compliant...
  6. HID Compliant mouse wont work

HID Compliant mouse wont work: Hi there! My HID Compliant mouse wont work. It is a j.burrows wireless mouse. Model: JBWM697BK [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-mouse-wont-work/9d157cb5-9db6-492c-9323-07f3b5aa7157
  7. My HID-Compliant mouse installed but not working

My HID-Compliant mouse installed but not working: Hello, I have an issue with my wireless Trust mouse. Batteries are fresh, when I connect it into a port, the laptop is automatically installing a device, even in Device Manager, it says that the device is working properly. Switching ports doesn't help and the same issue with...
  8. HID compliant mouse detected with no error and not working

HID compliant mouse detected with no error and not working: I got a new dell laptop with windows 10. As soon as I plug my mouse, it worked for 5 minutes as soon as I put the mouse down for two seconds, it stopped working. I tried uninstalling and installing the drive. It won't work. There is nothing wrong with the drive, it says it is...
  9. Windows HID-compliant mouse

Windows HID-compliant mouse: I deleted HID- complaint mouse by mistake while I was trying to do something else. I’m trying to reinstall it, but I cannot use my mouse in order to do so. I saw online that you have to go to the Device Manager to fix it, but I don’t know how I can reach the “Action” option...
  10. HID Compliant mouse problems

HID Compliant mouse problems: Since the Creators update when I restart my PC the mouse moves to the top of the screen. It just moves on its own power. I have to unplug both my G35 headset and my X52 HOTAS from there I have to go to Device Manager and remove the 2 HID compliant mouses. Then I can plug them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid compliant mouse wont work sometimes