Windows 10: HID Driver Issue - touch screen driver keeps re-installing automatically after...

Discus and support HID Driver Issue - touch screen driver keeps re-installing automatically after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello....I have an HP all in one touch screen desktop and recently I've noticed an issue with top left corner of screen. There are 3 clear dots and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sil#8627, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Sil#8627 Win User

HID Driver Issue - touch screen driver keeps re-installing automatically after...

Hello....I have an HP all in one touch screen desktop and recently I've noticed an issue with top left corner of screen. There are 3 clear dots and the mouse pointer keeps hovering that way and clicking by itself. After searching and trying many things online, I've figured it is the touch screen driver that's causing the problem. However, the driver keeps reinstalling and causing issues after I disable it or uninstall it. I would really like to disable completely not temporarily so the problem doesn't keep coming back. Please help.

:)

Sil#8627, Jun 17, 2020
  2. PapaOleg Win User

Hid compliant Touch screen driver is not working

I have Lenovo Flex 5 notebook. Touch screen stoped working completely. I Use win 10. I updated the system. Hid compliant touch screen driver is also up to date. Not updates cancbe found. I disabled and enable this driver - touch screen not working. I
    uninstalled and installed it again - not resolved. In events list for this driver - saw message " driver is not migrated" .

How to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

PapaOleg, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Touch Screen Driver Missing

Hi Reza,

I understand that the touch screen driver is missing and not working and I will be happy to answer your query. Also, I appreciate the effort made towards the fixes you have tried. Let me ask you;

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How did you try to install/update the driver?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    This can be due to missing/corrupted/outdated touch screen driver. Let's try the following methods and check the status.

Method 1: Run
    Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Sometimes it may work just by disabling and enabling the touch screen. Here's how:

• Open the "Start" Menu
    • Searching for "Device Manager".
    • Double click on "Human Interface Devices".
    • Right click on "HID-compliant touch screen"
    • Click on "Disable" and "Yes",
    • Right click again for "Enable"
    Method 3: Try and update the touch screen drivers and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Expand Human Interface Devices.

• Locate the Touch screen driver.

• Right-click on the driver icon and click on
      Uninstall.

• Restart the computer so Windows can automatically search for the driver
    Method 4: Visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest touch screen driver available for the same computer model, compatible with Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 17, 2020
  4. HID Driver Issue - touch screen driver keeps re-installing automatically after...

Surface Pro 4 Missing Hid touch screen driver

Disable and enable the touchscreen driver

Note

You'll need a keyboard or mouse connected to your Surface, as in Solution 2.

If a two-button shutdown doesn't work, try this:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the search results.

Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Disable.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Enable.

Note

There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen listed. If so, complete steps 3-4 for each one.

Solution 6: Reinstall the touchscreen driver

Note

If disabling and re-enabling your touchscreen driver doesn't work, try this:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the results.

Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Uninstall.

Note

There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen listed. If so, complete steps 3-4 for each one.

Restart your Surface.

Your Surface will automatically download and install the touchscreen driver when you connect to the Internet.

Solution 7: Reset touchscreen calibration

Note

If solutions 1-6 didn’t work, recalibrate the touchscreen:

Press the Windows logo key .

(If you're using a mouse, select Start .)

Enter calibrate, use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and then press Enter.

(With a mouse, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.)

Press the Tab key until the Reset button is selected, and then press Enter.

(With a mouse, select Reset.)

If the Reset button is dimmed, your Surface touch calibration is still at factory settings. Skip to Solution 8.

Press the Tab key until the Yes button is selected, press Enter, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

(With a mouse, select Yes, and then follow the on-screen instructions.)

After your Surface removes the recalibration data, test the touchscreen to see if it responds appropriately.

If none of the above work...

Open Start, type: regedit

Right click regedit

Click Run as administrator

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

Change the TouchGate value to '1'

Exit then restart.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

HID Driver Issue - touch screen driver keeps re-installing automatically after...

1. HID Driver Issue - touch screen driver keeps re-installing automatically after... - Similar Threads - HID Driver Issue

2. HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found: I have tried everything from thewindowsclub.com to the update catalog, but i cannot find how to install the HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver for Dell Laptop running Windows 10. This is my last resort and I NEED HELP !!!Someone please direct me to the correct driver I need to...
  3. HID compliant Touch screen driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID compliant Touch screen driver: My Dell Inspiron 5490 touchscreen stopped working. I don't know when since I don't use it often but it probably occurred after a windows update. Searching online a suggestion was to uninstall the HID compliant Touch screen driver and then scan for hardware changes which...
  4. HID Touch Screen Driver Missing

HID Touch Screen Driver Missing: Hey, I have a touch screen laptop that has recently lost its driver for the HID touch screen- and therefore my touch screen does not work. I have tried to update and restart. Scan for recent driver changes and restart. I'm now at a loss, any ideas? Why would it suddenly...
  5. HID Compliant Touch Screen Drivers

HID Compliant Touch Screen Drivers: Hi Everyone, In last 2-3 days I have gone through Windows 2004 update process for my touchscreen Micromax Canvas Laptab LT777W and my Desktop. My desktop update was smooth but due to low storage on Laptab it got complicated and I stuck in Automatic repair blue screen loop....
  6. HID compliant touch screen driver

HID compliant touch screen driver: How do I download the missing HID compliant touch screen driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-touch-screen-driver/ff1c1940-0746-407f-b390-ebec0b75362f
  7. Touch Driver not seen in HID

Touch Driver not seen in HID: Hi, am not able to see my touch driver in HID. Touch is working in BIOS. Can someone help me get it. How does this work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-driver-not-seen-in-hid/8bcd543e-e8d6-47b8-a970-63465b097314
  8. HID compliant Touch screen driver MISSING

HID compliant Touch screen driver MISSING: I have a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15" and the HID compliant Touch screen driver. The screen is not responsive by touch but responsive by Samsung Pen. Please help. My laptop is running Window 10 Home. Both Windows and Samsung Updates are up to date....
  9. Windows 10 HID touch screen driver

Windows 10 HID touch screen driver: Hi, Unfortunately the touch screen of my HP Envy All1One is defect (showing white circels at some places, resulting in strange screen actions). As I don't use the touch screen I would like to deactivate the feature permantly. Tried all options from Device manager, but...
  10. HOW TO INSTALL HID COMPLIANT TOUCH SCREEN DRIVER?

HOW TO INSTALL HID COMPLIANT TOUCH SCREEN DRIVER?: I need this driver so that my pc will be touchable.. ACER ASPIRE ES 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-install-hid-compliant-touch-screen-driver/3a2161e1-d9bd-427c-b957-6be545a388a0