Windows 10: HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to...

Discus and support HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer started randomly outputting a constant string of characters ie: =====,]]]]]]]] that would go on for minutes making it impossible to work!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Randy Carbine, Jan 8, 2021.

1. HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to...

My computer started randomly outputting a constant string of characters ie: =====,]]]]]]]] that would go on for minutes making it impossible to work!

I tried everything thinking it must be some kind of virus. I even did a factory reset of the computer, which stopped it for about 1 day! Then it came back with a vengeance!! I finally determined that if I uninstalled the second of three HID Keyboard Devices in the Device Manager/Keyboards, it would stop until I restart the computer, then it comes right back! And I have to uninstall it again! I have come to the conclusion that I must have a hardware issue and wanted to know if someone had any other ideas? There doesn't seem to be any way to determine in the Device Properties what piece of hardware is used by this HID Keyboard Device. Also is there a way to permanently uninstall this particular device?

:)

Randy Carbine, Jan 8, 2021
  2. spunk Win User

HID KB and mouse Devices

Do you use a KVM switch?
    It's quite normal to have multiple HIDs under Windows...

A human interface device or HID is a type of computer device that interacts directly with, and most often takes input from, humans and may deliver output to humans.

USB Ports will also add to that list, even if currently unused.

Plugging in and removing devices such as your iPod, iPhone, Camera, and external HDD, etc. Or moving your keyboard/mouse from one port to another, etc. Perhaps you plug the device into USB port 1, then next time USB port 2, etc. You find they get created and merely stick around afterwards. However, they don't affect the system and should be left there. Most are there for future functions to work and be accessed faster for the same driver.

spunk, Jan 8, 2021
  3. maglite Win User
    HID KB and mouse Devices

Thank you very much Spunk. You are right that is exactly what is happening. I'll stop worrying and let well alone.

HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... :)HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... :)HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... :)HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... :)HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... :)HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... :)

maglite, Jan 8, 2021
  4. HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to...

HID Keyboard device deleted

Hello,

I accidentally deleted my laptop HID Keyboard Device from Device manager. I have tried everything to reinstall but fails. Surprisingly the FN commands work but not the actually typing keys. I have no idea what to do.

Before i deleted the HID Keyboard device, there used to be 3 HID Keyboard devices, now there is only 2.

SunilChitolie, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to...

1. HID Keyboard Device causing the constant output some characters to make it impossible to... - Similar Threads - HID Keyboard Device

2. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  3. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  4. Keyboard Layout not working for some characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Layout not working for some characters: I recently purchased the Nuphy Air65 keyboard, and I've encountered a perplexing issue when switching my keyboard layout on Windows to US International. I find myself unable to type special characters such as "ç," the "~," the "^," and others. Strangely, I can manage to type...
  5. Keyboard Layout not working for some characters

Keyboard Layout not working for some characters: I recently purchased the Nuphy Air65 keyboard, and I've encountered a perplexing issue when switching my keyboard layout on Windows to US International. I find myself unable to type special characters such as "ç," the "~," the "^," and others. Strangely, I can manage to type...
  6. HID Keyboard device deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device deleted: I accidentally switched my keyboard to i8042 ps/2 keyboard and now the keybiard driver isn't showing up and without hid keyboard i can't type as i am using on screen keyboard now Please help....
  7. HID Keyboard device deleted

HID Keyboard device deleted: I accidentally switched my keyboard to i8042 ps/2 keyboard and now the keybiard driver isn't showing up and without hid keyboard i can't type as i am using on screen keyboard now Please help....
  8. HID Keyboard Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID Keyboard Device: Hi, I have a question about HID Keyboard Devices. Do they appear only when an external keyboard is plugged in to a device? And if so, what could be the reason why it appears on my device even though I have never plugged in an external keyboard? There are currently five HID...
  9. Hid keyboard

Hid keyboard: My keyboard only makes clicking sounds when I type. There is no typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-keyboard/a3d35447-81e9-4740-979b-8e47531d1c5c
  10. HID Keyboard device deleted

HID Keyboard device deleted: Hello, I accidentally deleted my laptop HID Keyboard Device from Device manager. I have tried everything to reinstall but fails. Surprisingly the FN commands work but not the actually typing keys. I have no idea what to do. Before i deleted the HID Keyboard device, there...