Windows 10: HID Keyboard device deleted

Discus and support HID Keyboard device deleted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally deleted my laptop HID Keyboard Device from Device manager. I have tried everything to reinstall but fails. Surprisingly the FN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SunilChitolie, Aug 14, 2019.

1. HID Keyboard device deleted

Hello,

I accidentally deleted my laptop HID Keyboard Device from Device manager. I have tried everything to reinstall but fails. Surprisingly the FN commands work but not the actually typing keys. I have no idea what to do.

Before i deleted the HID Keyboard device, there used to be 3 HID Keyboard devices, now there is only 2.

:)

SunilChitolie, Aug 14, 2019

2. HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Aug 14, 2019
  3. HID keyboard device not working properly

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below method:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

If you still have the issue, install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with
    this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 14, 2019
  4. spunk Win User

HID Keyboard device deleted

HID KB and mouse Devices

Do you use a KVM switch?
    It's quite normal to have multiple HIDs under Windows...

A human interface device or HID is a type of computer device that interacts directly with, and most often takes input from, humans and may deliver output to humans.

USB Ports will also add to that list, even if currently unused.

Plugging in and removing devices such as your iPod, iPhone, Camera, and external HDD, etc. Or moving your keyboard/mouse from one port to another, etc. Perhaps you plug the device into USB port 1, then next time USB port 2, etc. You find they get created and merely stick around afterwards. However, they don't affect the system and should be left there. Most are there for future functions to work and be accessed faster for the same driver.

spunk, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

HID Keyboard device deleted

1. HID Keyboard device deleted - Similar Threads - HID Keyboard device

2. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  3. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  4. 2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.: For a while now, I've noticed 2 HID keyboard devices showing up in my settings which make my keyboard press random keys by itself and hold them when im not even touching the keyboard. when i remove them, after shutdown, restart, sleep ect they both come back. any way to fix...
  5. 2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.

2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.: For a while now, I've noticed 2 HID keyboard devices showing up in my settings which make my keyboard press random keys by itself and hold them when im not even touching the keyboard. when i remove them, after shutdown, restart, sleep ect they both come back. any way to fix...
  6. HID Keyboard device deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device deleted: I accidentally switched my keyboard to i8042 ps/2 keyboard and now the keybiard driver isn't showing up and without hid keyboard i can't type as i am using on screen keyboard now Please help....
  7. HID Keyboard device deleted

HID Keyboard device deleted: I accidentally switched my keyboard to i8042 ps/2 keyboard and now the keybiard driver isn't showing up and without hid keyboard i can't type as i am using on screen keyboard now Please help....
  8. HID Keyboard Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID Keyboard Device: Hi, I have a question about HID Keyboard Devices. Do they appear only when an external keyboard is plugged in to a device? And if so, what could be the reason why it appears on my device even though I have never plugged in an external keyboard? There are currently five HID...
  9. HID Keyboard Device Missing (Code 45)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HID Keyboard Device Missing (Code 45): I woke up today and noticed that my keyboard and trackpad were not functioning on my Surface Laptop 3. I went to device manager and saw that both my HID Keyboard Device and HID-compliant mouse were under View-Show Hidden Devices and both had a code 45 and were not connected....
  10. Hid keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hid keyboard: My keyboard only makes clicking sounds when I type. There is no typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-keyboard/a3d35447-81e9-4740-979b-8e47531d1c5c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid keyboard device driver