Windows 10: Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working

Discus and support Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All the keyboard programs/drivers aside from the Hid Mini Driver are working but the Hid Mini Driver says it can't start, Code 10. My keyboard doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StaffieLover, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working

All the keyboard programs/drivers aside from the Hid Mini Driver are working but the Hid Mini Driver says it can't start, Code 10. My keyboard doesn't work at all, none of the keys function, only the mousepad and that only sometimes. I'm afraid to reset the laptop because I don't know what it would erase and I never made a backup.

:)

StaffieLover, Jun 1, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 Missing Hid touch screen driver

Disable and enable the touchscreen driver

Note

You'll need a keyboard or mouse connected to your Surface, as in Solution 2.

If a two-button shutdown doesn't work, try this:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the search results.

Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Disable.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Enable.

Note

There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen listed. If so, complete steps 3-4 for each one.

Solution 6: Reinstall the touchscreen driver

Note

If disabling and re-enabling your touchscreen driver doesn't work, try this:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the results.

Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Uninstall.

Note

There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen listed. If so, complete steps 3-4 for each one.

Restart your Surface.

Your Surface will automatically download and install the touchscreen driver when you connect to the Internet.

Solution 7: Reset touchscreen calibration

Note

If solutions 1-6 didn’t work, recalibrate the touchscreen:

Press the Windows logo key .

(If you're using a mouse, select Start .)

Enter calibrate, use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and then press Enter.

(With a mouse, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.)

Press the Tab key until the Reset button is selected, and then press Enter.

(With a mouse, select Reset.)

If the Reset button is dimmed, your Surface touch calibration is still at factory settings. Skip to Solution 8.

Press the Tab key until the Yes button is selected, press Enter, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

(With a mouse, select Yes, and then follow the on-screen instructions.)

After your Surface removes the recalibration data, test the touchscreen to see if it responds appropriately.

If none of the above work...

Open Start, type: regedit

Right click regedit

Click Run as administrator

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

Change the TouchGate value to '1'

Exit then restart.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 1, 2020
  3. rheitzman Win User
    Surface Pro (1) Mini Display Port VGA - Windows 10

Anyone have luck getting the Microsoft Mini Display Port VGA Adapter working on the original Surface Pro and Windows 10? It did work on Windows 8 on another Surface Pro but I upgraded one to Windows 10 (it wasn't tested for the mini display ort VGA working before the upgrade) and the Control Panel - Display dialog does not show the second monitor. Detect doesn't do anything.

Windows-P reports it can't Project and suggests to update the driver - but drivers for the VGA adapter are not to be found (by me) on the Microsoft site.

Only Windows 10 + Surface help page I could find mentions all version of Surface Pro except the original. Is this device even supported on Windows 10?

rheitzman, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working

HID Touchscreen Driver

It was listed under HID until I did a reboot for Microsoft updates. Touchscreen works but not listed. No HID driver listed for my Dell Latitude.

Jeffrey57, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working

1. Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working - Similar Threads - Hid Mini Driver

2. I2C HID Driver is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I2C HID Driver is not working.: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  3. I2C HID Driver is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID Driver is not working.: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  4. How to implement S0 idle for HID mini-driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to implement S0 idle for HID mini-driver: Hi, All: I need to write a HID mini-driver for a HID device. I reference to the windows sample: vhidmini2. I have implemented the basic functions and it works well. Now I want to implement S0 idle for my device, but because the mini-driver is not the power policy owner...
  5. How to implement S0 idle for HID mini-driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to implement S0 idle for HID mini-driver: Hi, All: I need to write a HID mini-driver for a HID device. I reference to the windows sample: vhidmini2. I have implemented the basic functions and it works well. Now I want to implement S0 idle for my device, but because the mini-driver is not the power policy owner...
  6. How to implement S0 idle for HID mini-driver

7. Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset...

Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset...: I replaced my surface hid mini driver with llibusk accidently using zdiag on my surface book 2. There is no way to get this driver anywhere as surface book 2 updates come in a bundle and cannot be installed manualy. I have done a full reset and tried reinstalls. My surface...
  8. hid mini driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hid mini driver: My keyboard and touchpad for surface laptop 1st generation, stopped working and the driver I mentioned says failed to start. Any fix for this ? submitted by /u/matadorbullazz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ea9r8u/hid_mini_driver/
  9. Cortana does not work on my surface laptop 1

in Cortana
    Cortana does not work on my surface laptop 1: After I had performed a hard reset of my surface laptop, cortana hasn't been working for me. Every time I open cortana, it makes the ui sound and says "listening..", before closing and staying active in the background. I have run troubleshooting for cortana multiple times and...
  10. Insyde Airplane Mode HID Mini-Driver

Insyde Airplane Mode HID Mini-Driver: This keeps showing up in Device manager with STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR. A google search provides little help. Any ideas anyone please. 53910