Windows 10: HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10

Discus and support HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to build my own mouse using old parts just for fun. I am more of a hardware guy. Where can I get more in-depth information about how the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by João Codognotto, Aug 13, 2019.

1. HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10

I am trying to build my own mouse using old parts just for fun. I am more of a hardware guy.

Where can I get more in-depth information about how the USB protocol works for HIDs on WIN10?

• More specifically, does the Mouse/Keyboard should always go to 'Suspend Mode' after a few milisseconds?
    • Is there a way to avoid the host (windows) from suspend my mouse? (I mean, in short term, for what I found the power-selective-suspend options does that for sleeps or long times.. am i wrong?)
    • When I move my mouse, does it always issue an command to wake-up, and the host (on PC) accepts this wake-up and starting receiving data?
    • Windows 10 access using USB:BULK transfer mode at the REFRESH_RATE ?

Anyway, an answer for any questions already helps HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10 :) or just point me to the right documentations.

Thanks!

:)

João Codognotto, Aug 13, 2019

2. HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Zack_101 Win User
    Windows 10 restart fails to initialize HID keyboard and mouse with usb connection

Exploring further with devcon it looks as though the issue is with the HID Keyboard Device and HID Mouse Device drivers.

Devcon status shows the drivers are running even after restart, but the Logitech usb connection led light is not on and remains off until the usb connection is removed and reinserted. (As described in the opening post of this thread.) And not an issue with
    Windows 7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Zack_101, Aug 13, 2019
  4. HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10

HID Compliant mouse problems

Since the Creators update when I restart my PC the mouse moves to the top of the screen. It just moves on its own power. I have to unplug both my G35 headset and my X52 HOTAS from there I have to go to Device Manager and remove the 2 HID compliant mouses. Then I can plug them both back in and everything works ok. I also have a Logitech Wireless mouse that shows in the Device Manager and I leave that one running. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's a pain in the *** to have to go through this after every restart. I downloaded the latest Logitech drivers but they were no help. I really don't understand why I get 2 separate HID compliant mouses as well as the Logitech mouse in the Device Manager. Any suggestions?

Tigeromega, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10

1. HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10 - Similar Threads - HID MOUSE USB

2. Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keybaord and mouse recognized as HID Keyboard device and HID Compliant mouse respectively: Hi,I have a redragon keyboard and a razer deathadder essential mouse and both devices have been recognized as different device names. Even when you right-click on properties the Windows is displayed as manufacturer of the mouse device.For this reason, my devices cannot be...
  3. Mysterious sudden mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious sudden mouse behaviour: So I've never seen or heard of this before. 1 day everything is fine for a long time. Then suddenly as of this morning my mouse does not respond to 99% of click, some applications it just doesn't click in like alt tabbing into a window, for left click only this is or what...
  4. Weird USB port behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird USB port behaviour: A little earlier today, i was using my computer normally with no real issues whatsoever, and all of a sudden, both my front USB ports (marked as USB 2.0) stop working at the same time, meaning i couldn't use my mouse or keyboard in thoses ports. However, after i changed my...
  5. Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour

Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour: In decades of using a Windows PC this is the weirdest behaviour I can ever recall. My wireless mouse cursor remains motionless when I use it in its normal position, on the right of my Logitech wireless keyboard. Regardless of surface and with fresh batteries in both the...
  6. Faulty Mouse Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faulty Mouse Behaviour: I have encountered a wierd issue, when i plug in my mouse to my laptop the windows turns buggy, i am unable to click some buttons or tabs close or open them.the problem gets fixed when i unplug the mouse and open task manager.I dont know whats the fix its hard to open task...
  7. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour: I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc. I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it...
  8. HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working

HID compliant USB mouse sometimes recognized as plugged in but not working: I am on Windows 10 Home version 1903, and I have been experiencing an issue where my USB mouse does not work. It is an Acer wireless optical mouse, though I doubt that matters since the issue persists even after swapping out the mouse. The mouse appears on the list of...
  9. Usb driver odd behaviour?

Usb driver odd behaviour?: Hi! This is long term issue for me, i was not able to find a clear answer for why this happens, since to me it's not working as intended. So what happens when i use FTDI 230x as Comport and attach or detach USB device to my system, for reason or another RTS signal...
  10. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651