Windows 10: HID Touchscreen is disconnected

Discus and support HID Touchscreen is disconnected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Despite tablet or normal mode, the HID touchscreen of my Dell Inspiron is disconnected. The touchscreen drivers are up-to-date. I receive the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimothyCassity, Nov 11, 2018.

1. HID Touchscreen is disconnected

Despite tablet or normal mode, the HID touchscreen of my Dell Inspiron is disconnected. The touchscreen drivers are up-to-date. I receive the error message:

"Device HID\VID_04F3&PID_2033&Col02\6&3865017c&0&0001 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: BTHHFENUM\BthHFPHID\8&32fe89ac&0&104"

I tried to uninstall the touchscreen and then start the laptop again. At first it helped because the touchscreen started working and looked connected until I switched the screen to use as a tablet. After that it got disconnected again

:)

TimothyCassity, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Emmjay52 Win User

HID Touchscreen disconnecting

I have a Dell Inspiron 7348. The HID touchscreen is disconnecting from the laptop, whether I have it in tablet or normal mode. Rotation lock is greyed out and hasn't been working for as long as I can remember. The touchscreen driver is up to date. The latest
    message I got is:

"Device HID\VID_04F3&PID_2033&Col02\6&3865017c&0&0001 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: BTHHFENUM\BthHFPHID\8&32fe89ac&0&104"

If I uninstall the touchscreen and re-start the laptop, it will re-appear and remain connected and working until I bend the screen back to use as a tablet, then it disappears again (Auto-rotate message appears and works). The touchscreen problem is getting
    worse. , if I leave the laptop in tent position and re-start, the touchscreen will not work. Any advice welcome (I am only slightly computer literate, not fluent yet!)

Emmjay52, Nov 11, 2018
  3. HID Touchscreen disconnecting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?

This issue might be occurring because of faulty drivers and the drivers needs to be updated. You may try the below suggested steps.

Method 1: Installing drivers through Windows Update

To manually check for latest Updates, select Start button, then select Settings
    > Update and security >Windows Update and select
    check for updates

Method 2: Update the drivers from device manager

1. Open run command (Windows + R key), type in “Devmgmt.msc”.
    2. Click on Human Interface Devices >
      Right click on HID –compliant touch screen.
    3. Click on Update driver Software and follow the onscreen prompts.
    4. Restart the device once and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Dell technical support
    for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 11, 2018
  4. HID Touchscreen is disconnected

Hid compliant touchscreen driver

I have a Toshiba AIO computer with the touchscreen running Windows 10, it has the latest updates and the latest drivers. If I look under device manager the touchscreen driver is the Microsoft HID compliant touchscreen driver with date 6/21/2006 version
    10.0.14393.351 I downloaded the driver from the manufactures website but when I run the driver update it says the best driver is already installed which is the Microsoft driver. The problem I am having is the Windows start menu randomly pops up. If I
    disable the touchscreen it fixes the problem. Its hard to believe that Microsoft hasn't updated the HID drivers since 2006 and a lot has changed since 2006.

EdwardRatkiewicz, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

HID Touchscreen is disconnected

1. HID Touchscreen is disconnected - Similar Threads - HID Touchscreen disconnected

2. Hid Touchscreen driver is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hid Touchscreen driver is gone: So my touchscreen driver was disabled for some reason so i deleted it,, but when i went to restart it still hasnt reappeared and its gone, even in hidden devices anybody can tell me how to install it back?...
  3. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall touchscreen HID: Please don't answer this question if you don't have/know the answer. I keep uninstalling the driver/device HID touchscreen and it keeps reinstalling itself. This behavior is making my life miserable. Uninstall means to uninstall and I am sick of this. I don't want to use or...
  4. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall touchscreen HID: Please don't answer this question if you don't have/know the answer. I keep uninstalling the driver/device HID touchscreen and it keeps reinstalling itself. This behavior is making my life miserable. Uninstall means to uninstall and I am sick of this. I don't want to use or...
  5. uninstall touchscreen HID

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. the hid touchscreen app.

the hid touchscreen app.: how do I reinstall hid touch screen lost when down loading an update of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-hid-touchscreen-app/f64e1223-cdee-4a51-b6eb-db12be37e2f0
  7. HID Touchscreen Driver

HID Touchscreen Driver: Hi, I am looking for the correct touchscreen driver for an Asus Zenbook Flip. My driver was causing ghost touches so I disabled it and I am trying to install a new driver. Does anyone know the correct driver? Thanks...
  8. HID-Compliant Touchscreen

HID-Compliant Touchscreen: Hello, I recently replaced the hard drive to my hp pavilion 11 x360 since the other one was failing. Whenever I reinstalled Windows 10 the touchscreen will not work. The HID-Compliant touchscreen is missing, but the touchscreen will work whenever I go into my computer's BIOS....
  9. HID Touchscreen Driver

HID Touchscreen Driver: Dell Latitude E5570 Windows 10 1809 I upgraded Windows 10 1803 to 1809. Two items that are missing: 1) My touchscreen works but it is not listed in Device Manager under HID. It was listed as a compliant touchscreen. Rebooted computer and it is missing (Touchscreen still...
  10. HID Touchscreen disconnecting

HID Touchscreen disconnecting: I have a Dell Inspiron 7348. The HID touchscreen is disconnecting from the laptop, whether I have it in tablet or normal mode. Rotation lock is greyed out and hasn't been working for as long as I can remember. The touchscreen driver is up to date. The latest message I got is:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid touchscreen disconnected