Windows 10: Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

Discus and support Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I believe the problem has something to do with a game that was installed through the xbox app in windows 10, Halo Master Chief Collection. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Broogs, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Broogs Win User

Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

I believe the problem has something to do with a game that was installed through the xbox app in windows 10, Halo Master Chief Collection. I tried moving the app to an external hard drive to recover storage space but after transferring and uninstalling the app my storage is still showing 130GB used. In my apps manager it shows only about 2GB being used by visible apps. I have been obsessing over this for a few hours and can not figure out how to recover the missing storage space. Please help :

:)

Broogs, Dec 15, 2020

2. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to
    the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

limsingapore, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

1. Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB - Similar Threads - Hidden App Taking

2. Windows 10 User folder taking up 100GB+

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User folder taking up 100GB+: So I was looking at the drive I use to store windows on, in my case I have it stored on a 500GB Samsung SSD, and I was trying to clear out space for potentially installing my main games on it. I then located the user's folder which to my surprise I found that after clicking...
  3. Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InsulineDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knbw5t/windows_10_taking_100gb_disk_space/
  4. Microsoft Store installing apps but not a game over 100gb in size.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store installing apps but not a game over 100gb in size.: So the Microsoft store installs apps just fine, "Netflix" for example. But when trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I click the install button and it litterally does nothing. I've logged out and back in. I've used "WSReset.exe". I've deleted the Cache in...
  5. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in...
  6. A app is taking over my Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A app is taking over my Security Settings: https://gyazo.com/41a9979c81798d4a3e41f391cc387ca1 A app is using my Security setting help me pls --- Moved from nl-nl --- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/a-app-is-taking-over-my-security-settings/ee70e8b9-1d31-4534-b1fa-cb4481accd85
  7. Hidden storage taking up 75gb+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden storage taking up 75gb+: I recently just uninstalled a game that was 75gb+ in size to free up space on my C: drive. When I went to install Photoshop just now, I'm down to 2gb left on my C: drive. Under the "apps and features" tab in the storage settings, it's telling me that apps and features are...
  8. C:\Users file is over 100GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users file is over 100GB: Hi, I was wondering if it was normal for my C:\Users file to be 107GB. I'm not exactly sure how to clean it out or what to delete. Was simply looking for pointers to get started. Everything just seems to be a shortcut to another location file location. I'm not exactly sure...
  9. Microsoft Money plus taking more than 100gb ? how to clean up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Money plus taking more than 100gb ? how to clean up: Microsoft Money plus taking more than 100gb ? how to clean up and solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money-plus-taking-more-than-100gb-how-to/4488296c-d476-440e-9c5b-09a455e9cd06
  10. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...