Windows 10: Hidden Data Files

Discus and support Hidden Data Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am maintaining a program deveIoped under the x86 environment. I cannot find data for x86 program running under windows 10. the program installs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John A III, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Hidden Data Files

I am maintaining a program deveIoped under the x86 environment. I cannot find data for x86 program running under windows 10. the program installs to the program filesx86 folder but the data is going to another location. I need to review the data files before release of an update. Where did it go? I know its there - but where? I know they are hidden but I can't find the where Windows put them.

John A.

:)

John A III, Jan 7, 2021

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Recovering Hidden Files

Well, you have already said that you had tried the cmd option but you unable to unhide hidden files in USB.
    So, I recommend you to recover hidden files from USB drive with Windows File Option. For this, you
    have follow these steps:

• First of all, you have to press Windows + E to bring up the Windows Explorer.
    • Next, in Folder Options or File Explorer Options click the
      View tab
    • After this, in Hidden files & folders, you need to click the Show hidden files/folders & drives
      option.
    • Lastly, click the Apply, then hit OK
      button.
    After finishing all these steps, you can see the hidden files of the USB drive.

lopezmariaa, Jan 7, 2021
  4. RhinoCan Win User

Hidden Data Files

Hidden files not behaving properly

Sorry for the delay in responding; I had to deal with some other things along the way!

I ran Step 5 and got this:

Hidden Data Files [​IMG]

Then I restarted Windows. When I got back into my folder, it looked the same as before and the hidden file was still invisible but this time, when I went into Folder Options, the "don't show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button was selected. I simply clicked the "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button, clicked on Apply and my hidden file finally reappeared!

Thanks for your help with this!!

I'm still curious about why this functionality broke suddenly but I've got lots of other things on my plate so I think I'll get back to them.

Thanks again!

RhinoCan, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Hidden Data Files

1. Hidden Data Files - Similar Threads - Hidden Data Files

2. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  3. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden Files

Hidden Files: I have followed the directions to show hidden files. I have made no mistake in this. However, some files are still hidden. How do I know this? Because I copied some folders from my computer to an MP3 player and my MP3 player shows a bunch of JPG files that Windows...
  6. Hidden file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden file: Some time ago i had made an antivirus scam but my antivirus could not open and scan a file that was strange to me. The path to the file is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender" The file's weight is 0KB, the file is also hidden. My amtivirus's publisher wrote that...
  7. PC, Windows 10, all data disappeared by hidden files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC, Windows 10, all data disappeared by hidden files?: Hello, Unwar I wanted to make hidden files visible, you can change this with a check mark. So I right-clicked on "Properties" and then checked the box "Hidden" and applied this to all folders. All of a sudden all my files disappeared. Documents from Word etc. I was able to...
  8. Hidden files

Hidden files: Good day, i have a problem regarding on my files that cant be seen even you already change the settings to view hidden folder or files... the history of this, is when i was try to secure my files, i change the security settings of that folder in properties... i denied all the...
  9. Hidden File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden File: Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I did wrong or what rule I broke. I dont know if you can retrieve it Thanks once again...
  10. Hidden files

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files: There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past)....