Windows 10: Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it.

Discus and support Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 on a laptop and recently I noticed my C drive filling up. I install everything on other drives to try to maintain the integrity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SiddharthVincent, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it.

I am using Windows 10 on a laptop and recently I noticed my C drive filling up. I install everything on other drives to try to maintain the integrity of C drive so this immediately came to my attention. I looked up solutions online and tried using :

1. Disk clean up
    2. Disk defragmentation
    3. Storage sense

I found that under storage in settings, the "Other" title shows that additional 8 gb of space is being used, however on opening it, the folders listed only add up to around 4 gb of space. Most of it is taken by eManual which I would like to keep, but I am still unable to find what's taking the rest of the space.

Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it. f0f62cf3-6588-48bf-9f82-e2313a58ca1e?upload=true.png

Hope someone has the solution.

P.S thanks in advance

:)

SiddharthVincent, Mar 7, 2020

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Mar 7, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it.

GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it.

1. Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it. - Similar Threads - Hidden Data drive

2. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  3. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  4. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  6. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  7. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. installed windows 10 on my c drive without creating partitions. Now can't seem to find old data

installed windows 10 on my c drive without creating partitions. Now can't seem to find old data: My pc was stuck at performing automatic repair so i couldn't access my desktop . I used a bootable windows 10 usb to re install windows 10. I chose custom install and selected c drive partion for installing windows 10 without creating new partitionsAfter new installation now...
  9. C: drive and DATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive and DATA drive: So I have had my current computer for a little while now, and I just now... I know silly me. Discovered a 1.8TB hard drive and its called DATA and I really would like to shift my current install to that drive, but I do not now how, so I have decided to ask here. I have...
  10. can't find hidden folders

can't find hidden folders: hi, I recently rest my pc with the 'keep all your files and reset only settings' feature, but I noticed that my hidden folders aren't available anymore. I don't know what to do. is there a way to recover my folders? what should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant seem circuit playground as drive