Windows 10: Hidden driver update keeps returning

Discus and support Hidden driver update keeps returning in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good morning, tenors, I have an HP 10-e, basically a nice touch screen netbook. It was designed for Win 8, and took the upgrade to Win10 very nicely,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by paul1149, Oct 10, 2018.

1. paul1149 Win User

Hidden driver update keeps returning

Good morning, tenors,

I have an HP 10-e, basically a nice touch screen netbook. It was designed for Win 8, and took the upgrade to Win10 very nicely, except for the display driver. The notebook began to perform very sluggishly once I had completed all the updates. In task manager I saw that the System process was taking up about 30% of the CPU constantly.

I traced the problem to the AMD display driver (machine has an A4-1200 cpu). I uninstalled the device and its driver, and everything was perfect again. I then ran the update hider utility, and thought my problem would be over. But it returned.

So I uninstalled the driver again, then ran the update hider, and now it said there were no updates to hide. I thought, ok, the last unwanted driver install must have been in the pipeline before I ran the hider, but this time my previous block has taken effect. To be sure, I checked for any updates, and there were none. I thought I had beaten the problem.

But today I started the machine, and watched as the driver install module labored to install a large driver. Sure enough, my nemesis is back, destroying the usability of the machine.

Frankly, the lack of end user control in Win10's update scheme is a scandal.

But anyway, how can I prevent the AMD driver from updating?

BTW, I have looked for a better AMD driver, and have found none any better for this machine. The generic MS driver works well, if I could only only keep it.

:)

paul1149, Oct 10, 2018

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Hidden driver update keeps returning

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Hidden driver update keeps returning

1. Hidden driver update keeps returning - Similar Threads - Hidden driver update

2. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  3. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  4. Accented characters keep "returning" :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accented characters keep "returning" :: I own an INTEL NUCI laptop and I am too often having to use SHIFT ALT to turn off accented characters e.g. É é...there is no way I am inadvertently pressing SHIFT ALT to activate them. It's weird how this behaviour has only arisen in the past couple of months. What have I...
  5. Deleted Printers keep returning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Printers keep returning: So I've got a weird one. I've deleted these 4 printers that were installed on a clients work computer. These printers were installed using the printer share on a local print server. However within 30 seconds the printers return. I've looked in Print Management, as well as the...
  6. Windows Update keeps downloading Realtek audio driver even while i have hidden that update.

Windows Update keeps downloading Realtek audio driver even while i have hidden that update.: Whenever Windows 10 Update updates my Realtek Audio driver to the latest version, audio enhancements get disabled and by doing so I stop getting sound from my subwoofer and the Realtek HD Audio Manager gets removed or disabled. What use do I have for 5.1 or higher speakers if...
  7. Keep or return

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep or return: I thought I chose the usb windows version but i got the cd version. I have a cd drive on another computer do you recommend sending the cd back or creating a usb version if I create the usb version will I have the full windows experience? Is creating a usb version not...
  8. Deleted File Keeps Returning

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted File Keeps Returning: I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network. Every time I delete the file, it seems to delete, but as soon as I refresh the Windows Explorer window it returns. I also tried...
  9. Driver hidden somewhere

Driver hidden somewhere: how do i rem[ATTACH]ove the driver, it doesnt show up in device manager its like hidden somewhere, its from tunngle app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-hidden-somewhere/c6ce9f01-e738-4bea-9f0f-c8e6c1b77a37
  10. Keeping Drivers Updated

Keeping Drivers Updated: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I make sure that my drivers are updated to the latest version? Is there a software I can use to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....