Windows 10: Hidden Files and Folders Help

Discus and support Hidden Files and Folders Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. I have multiple hidden files on my computer. I am planning on downloading Windows 10 sometime soon. But I was wondering if I did, would I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EpicNarwhallord, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Hidden Files and Folders Help

Hi there. I have multiple hidden files on my computer. I am planning on downloading Windows 10 sometime soon. But I was wondering if I did, would I have to re-hide my currently hidden files and folders? (By the way I am currently running Windows 8.1) Any help would be appreciated.

:)

EpicNarwhallord, Dec 2, 2015

2. hidden files and folders

issue solved. thanks

SnehithReddy, Dec 2, 2015
  3. hidden files and folders

hello everyone. I am using hp pavilion windows 10 home os. I have recently tried the hiding files and folders feature. I am able to hide the files but am unable to undo the things. I don't want to see my files in show hidden files and folders, I want it
    back as usual as before. please help me with this.

SnehithReddy, Dec 2, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Hidden Files and Folders Help

You will not know until you install. Backup the current install. Then when you upgrade, choose the option to not carry over any apps, files or software from 8.

A lot of systems have had problems with the 10 upgrade, that something gets lost in the process and screws up the migration.

bro67, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Hidden Files and Folders Help

1. Hidden Files and Folders Help - Similar Threads - Hidden Files Folders

2. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  3. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  4. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  5. Search for hidden files/folders only

in Cortana
    Search for hidden files/folders only: In file explorer, is there a way to only show hidden folders/files? Or search and find only hidden files/folders in say the Documents folder. I don't need to know how to turn on show hidden files option. I know about that. I want to find ONLY hidden files/folders so I can...
  6. Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders: Ref previous article at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cannot-change-view-hidden-files-for-a-specific/d362a9a3-07cd-47af-8e97-6ae4a124c29a Issue: The folder attribute "show hidden files and folders" in the folder view options is,...
  7. search for hidden files & folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search for hidden files & folders: I have studied the "Advanced Query Syntax" document at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa965711(v=vs.85).aspx but I cannot find an answer to this question: How do I SEARCH FOR (not just show) folders and files whose properties include as an attribute that the...
  8. HIDDEN hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    HIDDEN hidden folders: I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc) I was using "everything" programs which lists files on all drives. I came across one reg disableanti.reg in a very odd place.I viewed the file in note pad and it said it...
  9. Searching hidden files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching hidden files/folders: This is what I do: In explorer, browse to C:/Username Start a search there containing a folder name I know is in C:/Username/Appdata/Local The folder does not appear in search Hidden files and folders are marked to be visible everywhere. It seems like recursive search...
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...