Windows 10: Hidden Files and Folders Help

Discus and support Hidden Files and Folders Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. I have multiple hidden files on my computer. I am planning on downloading Windows 10 sometime soon. But I was wondering if I did, would I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EpicNarwhallord, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Hidden Files and Folders Help

Hi there. I have multiple hidden files on my computer. I am planning on downloading Windows 10 sometime soon. But I was wondering if I did, would I have to re-hide my currently hidden files and folders? (By the way I am currently running Windows 8.1) Any help would be appreciated.

:)

EpicNarwhallord, Dec 2, 2015

2. hidden files and folders

issue solved. thanks

SnehithReddy, Dec 2, 2015
  3. hidden files and folders

hello everyone. I am using hp pavilion windows 10 home os. I have recently tried the hiding files and folders feature. I am able to hide the files but am unable to undo the things. I don't want to see my files in show hidden files and folders, I want it
    back as usual as before. please help me with this.

SnehithReddy, Dec 2, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Hidden Files and Folders Help

You will not know until you install. Backup the current install. Then when you upgrade, choose the option to not carry over any apps, files or software from 8.

A lot of systems have had problems with the 10 upgrade, that something gets lost in the process and screws up the migration.

bro67, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Hidden Files and Folders Help

1. Hidden Files and Folders Help - Similar Threads - Hidden Files Folders

2. Hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden files: Good day, i have a problem regarding on my files that cant be seen even you already change the settings to view hidden folder or files... the history of this, is when i was try to secure my files, i change the security settings of that folder in properties... i denied all the...
  3. Hidden File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden File: Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I did wrong or what rule I broke. I dont know if you can retrieve it Thanks once again...
  4. HIDDEN hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    HIDDEN hidden folders: I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc) I was using "everything" programs which lists files on all drives. I came across one reg disableanti.reg in a very odd place.I viewed the file in note pad and it said it...
  5. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable hide my hidden files and folders: hello, recently i can not hide my hidden file and folders, when i go to the view tab in folder option and change the item in "DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS AND DRIVERS" after I click OK and Apply , it doesn't work and back to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and i always...
  6. Searching hidden files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching hidden files/folders: This is what I do: In explorer, browse to C:/Username Start a search there containing a folder name I know is in C:/Username/Appdata/Local The folder does not appear in search Hidden files and folders are marked to be visible everywhere. It seems like recursive search...
  7. Hidden folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden folder: How can I access a file in a hidden folder on my Desktop WITHOUT unhiding the folder? Onlookers need not be aware of the folder's existence, let alone its location . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folder/3bf8a7d1-28c2-485a-9cb6-b802d05e429e"
  8. strange issue with hidden folders/files

in Windows 10 Support
    strange issue with hidden folders/files: after online upgrade to win10 from w7 I have my users files on drive D: = a different physical HDD then the C: system files. The drive size is 75GB and it is showing 72GB used. The problem is I can only see 32GB in file explorer under properties. Whatever else is there is...
  9. Are these logs and xml files in this hidden folder normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these logs and xml files in this hidden folder normal?: Hi everyone, This is my first time posting but I've been reading the 7 forums for a while. I need someone smarter than me to offer some help. I've discovered a hidden folder on my C Drive and there are a number of logs and xml files inside. At first, I was denied access to...
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...