Windows 10: Hidden files appear in photo app

Discus and support Hidden files appear in photo app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have hidden photo files that automatically appear on my photo app. How do I hide these? 25381 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by links386, Oct 6, 2015.

1. links386 Win User

Hidden files appear in photo app

I have hidden photo files that automatically appear on my photo app. How do I hide these?

:)

links386, Oct 6, 2015
  2. TonyUsi Win User

Windows 10's "photos"-app can not delete images from onedrive

Open file explorer then picture where the file is hidden that you can't delete, open view and check hidden items now you can delete that photo...it's hidden that can't be deleted on photo apps...

TonyUsi, Oct 6, 2015
  3. HAZRD Win User
    Hidden files appear in recent/quick access/frequent folders

This is a new thing for me. Not sure where to post what I consider a bug.

I accessed system folders by unhiding them, did what I needed to, then hid them again.

Those folders show up under Frequent folders in the quick access part of file Explorer.

Even though they are hidden again.

sorta defeats the purpose of hiding a folder. Now other users can get access with a single click.

I know I could use bitlocker for personal files that are hidden, but that isn't what I am looking at here.

HAZRD, Oct 6, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Welcome to the forum.

What photo app?
    How or if this is possible depends on the app.

When a file is hidden in Windows Explorer it simply sets a flag that applications can honor or ignore as they wish. Many ignore it.

LMiller7, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Hidden files appear in photo app - Similar Threads - Hidden files appear

2. Hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden files: Good day, i have a problem regarding on my files that cant be seen even you already change the settings to view hidden folder or files... the history of this, is when i was try to secure my files, i change the security settings of that folder in properties... i denied all the...
  3. Hidden File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden File: Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I did wrong or what rule I broke. I dont know if you can retrieve it Thanks once again...
  4. Hidden files

Hidden files: Accidentally managed to change the attribute of my C:\Users folder to hidden. Can't get it back to where it is visible in windows 10 file explorer (or even using "dir" at the command prompt). I can change directory into it and shortcuts will open the contents of the...
  5. Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer

Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer: I regularly transfer photos from my iPhone to my PC, which runs on Windows 10. Photos are transferred using Microsoft Photos and then immediately appear in File Explorer in files according to month and year. However, as of 2/15/19, my photos can no longer be found in File...
  6. Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files": Hello I have Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.523) I noticed that my hidden files could not be viewed, and after exhausting multiple options I just created a new User Profile. Now this new User profile has the issue, and I do not want to keep on creating new...
  7. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  8. Hidden apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden apps?: After returning from long sleep I find the start menu doesn't work. Also, right clicking on taskbar item has no effect. When this happens I need to restart *Sad Today during restart I got message that app "Elera" (or something like that) was preventing restart. After...
  9. hidden apps

in Windows 10 Support
    hidden apps: What I find frustrating about the taskbar is that when I click on certain icons, the applications associated with them open behind the window currently on the screen instead of in front of it. This requires that I minimize the currently displayed window in order to see the...
  10. Hidden files

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files: There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past)....