Windows 10: Hidden files appear in photo app

Discus and support Hidden files appear in photo app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have hidden photo files that automatically appear on my photo app. How do I hide these? 25381 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by links386, Oct 6, 2015.

1. links386 Win User

Hidden files appear in photo app

I have hidden photo files that automatically appear on my photo app. How do I hide these?

:)

links386, Oct 6, 2015
  2. TonyUsi Win User

Windows 10's "photos"-app can not delete images from onedrive

Open file explorer then picture where the file is hidden that you can't delete, open view and check hidden items now you can delete that photo...it's hidden that can't be deleted on photo apps...

TonyUsi, Oct 6, 2015
  3. HAZRD Win User
    Hidden files appear in recent/quick access/frequent folders

This is a new thing for me. Not sure where to post what I consider a bug.

I accessed system folders by unhiding them, did what I needed to, then hid them again.

Those folders show up under Frequent folders in the quick access part of file Explorer.

Even though they are hidden again.

sorta defeats the purpose of hiding a folder. Now other users can get access with a single click.

I know I could use bitlocker for personal files that are hidden, but that isn't what I am looking at here.

HAZRD, Oct 6, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Welcome to the forum.

What photo app?
    How or if this is possible depends on the app.

When a file is hidden in Windows Explorer it simply sets a flag that applications can honor or ignore as they wish. Many ignore it.

LMiller7, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Hidden files appear in photo app - Similar Threads - Hidden files appear

2. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  3. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  5. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  6. A hidden hidden file?

7. iPhone 11 not appearing in file explorer or Photos app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone 11 not appearing in file explorer or Photos app: I've been trying everything I can find online for a few hours now - totally frustrated. I have a new laptop with Windows 10 less than 6 weeks old and wanted to download the photos off the phone onto the laptop. Initially I could "see" the phone in File Explorer but I...
  8. Hidden File Explorer app

Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...
  9. Hidden picture are visible in default photos app

Hidden picture are visible in default photos app: when I tried making some photos hidden using the " attrib +s +h 'path' ", they're still visible in the photos app. I don't understand why it is happening but this makes no sense of making the files hidden or making them invisible. e.g. Trying to hide the directory...
  10. Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer: I regularly transfer photos from my iPhone to my PC, which runs on Windows 10. Photos are transferred using Microsoft Photos and then immediately appear in File Explorer in files according to month and year. However, as of 2/15/19, my photos can no longer be found in File...