Windows 10: Hidden folders no longer visible

Discus and support Hidden folders no longer visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Psychopathrik, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hidden folders no longer visible

After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible either. Usually this is done through the View-tab, and then checking the "Hidden objects" checkbox, or by going to "view/options/change folder and search settings/view/show hidden files, folders and units" Sorry for any potential translation errors there. However, now this can't be done: The view-tab closes when checking the checkbox, and when going back, it is still unchecked. And when checking "show hidden files, folders and units", and clicking "apply" and "OK", the folder doesn't show up anyway. And when revisiting those options, the "show hidden files, folders and units" is still unchecked so is "don't show hidden files, folders and units" also, for that matter. It seems neither of them can be ticked permanently.

The appdata folder can still be found by searching for %appdata%, so it is still accessible.

My update version is 18363.1139. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

:)

Psychopathrik, Oct 15, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

Folder is hidden & hidden check mark is disabled in my USB pendrive.

I scanned with antivirus and now no virus in pendrive though all my files are hidden and they have shortcuts of folder visible, if i nned to enter in folder, i need to enter fila path manually.

any solution?

freebird_9924, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Hidden folders no longer visible

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Hidden folders no longer visible :D

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Hidden folders no longer visible

1. Hidden folders no longer visible - Similar Threads - Hidden folders longer

2. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  3. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  4. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default User folders can no longer be hidden

Default User folders can no longer be hidden: I manually updated to Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.964 using an ISO, I am not a Windows Insider. I believe this is a deliberate feature, but I dislike it greatly. In previous versions of Windows, the user could set the hidden attribute on their default user folders Documents,...
  6. Hidden Files not Visible

Hidden Files not Visible: After the latest update I can no longer see hidden files. Updated to: V10.0.19042 Build 1942 When I try to select "View Hidden Files" the checkbox shows a tick which then disappears. Going via settings and setting the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" accepts the...
  7. visible horizontal "hidden taskbar help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    visible horizontal "hidden taskbar help: Hi all, so apparently when I enabled the feature to hide my taskbar there is this weird visible line across my screen. When trying to see a movie or any scene that is dark all I can notice is this god awful line that just wont disappear in full screen. I tired to make my...
  8. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible: hi there, after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other stuff which is present on the left-hand bottom as u know are not visible only Cortana and start menu icon and search icon is...
  9. Icons No Longer Visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons No Longer Visible: Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic. I have been through the...
  10. HIDDEN hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    HIDDEN hidden folders: I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc) I was using "everything" programs which lists files on all drives. I came across one reg disableanti.reg in a very odd place.I viewed the file in note pad and it said it...