Windows 10: HIDDEN hidden folders

Discus and support HIDDEN hidden folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc) I was using "everything" programs which lists files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Mar 19, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

HIDDEN hidden folders

I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc)
    I was using "everything" programs which lists files on all drives.
    I came across one reg disableanti.reg in a very odd place.I viewed the file in note pad and it said it disables
    antivirus programs and notifications. Possible leftover from a Virus? I deleted it of course.

But here's the thing....It was in C:\users\thomas\skydrive
    Which when viewed in explorer wasn't there .
    to get to the file I had to type it into the address bar to get to it.
    show hidden and system file is checked in explorer option.

My question is how can I see if there are other Hidden Hidden folder without knowing the name?

:)

thomaseg1, Mar 19, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Mar 19, 2019
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin HIDDEN hidden folders :D

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 19, 2019
  4. HIDDEN hidden folders

Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

Folder is hidden & hidden check mark is disabled in my USB pendrive.

I scanned with antivirus and now no virus in pendrive though all my files are hidden and they have shortcuts of folder visible, if i nned to enter in folder, i need to enter fila path manually.

any solution?

freebird_9924, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

HIDDEN hidden folders

1. HIDDEN hidden folders - Similar Threads - HIDDEN hidden folders

2. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  3. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  4. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  5. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  6. Hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden folders: Here are two folder that you cannot view in File Explorer unless you know the path to them and even if you do, the folder name does not show: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations...
  7. hidden folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hidden folders: Hello I was trying to find out if there was anything hidden in my laptop. when I put folders in taskbar and clicked on protected folders Windows Security Came Up Then a message popped up saying: Page Not Available... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of...
  8. Hidden folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders: I would appreciate assistance. I have shared privileges with my Manager. I have access to her Mailbox and have full permissions. I experience the following problem. Recently, when I create a New Folder in Manager's Inbox, the folder in question is not visible on my side....
  9. Hidden folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden folder: How can I access a file in a hidden folder on my Desktop WITHOUT unhiding the folder? Onlookers need not be aware of the folder's existence, let alone its location . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folder/3bf8a7d1-28c2-485a-9cb6-b802d05e429e"
  10. Deleting a Hidden Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a Hidden Folder: I've just scanned an old hard drive using WinUtilities Undelete function and found a hidden folder as shown on the attached snip. I can't find any other way to access that folder and Winutilities Undelete only shows it and allows it to be copied. My question is how can I...