Windows 10: Hidden icons in taskbar.

Discus and support Hidden icons in taskbar. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveAlberti1, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Hidden icons in taskbar.

All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no certain order just to return one every 10-15 seconds as I work on laptop. Problem is noticably slowing down laptop. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

:)

DaveAlberti1, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 12, 2021
  4. aigo Win User

Hidden icons in taskbar.

Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

Thanks for the suggestion, really hoping it's something small like this that can resolve this. I've long uninstalled Winaero Tweaker -- and it had no tweaks for the taskbar icons.

So regardless of how I display the taskbar icons, the bumped off ones (right most, farthest) become hidden. In this case, I stretched it out to two rows tall with all icons displayed and the Power and Network icons still both get bumped off *Sad

Hidden icons in taskbar. [​IMG]

Basically what I previously observed -- it's almost as if there is a limit of 4-5 icons that can be displayed, and each system app exceeding it is pushed out or "hidden". Yet It's not a space constraint -- all the icons can be displayed -- just not the ones that've been forced into this hidden mode. In this case, the ones I care about *Sad

Thema:

Hidden icons in taskbar.

1. Hidden icons in taskbar. - Similar Threads - Hidden icons taskbar

2. Taskbar hidden icons issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden icons issue: Did Windows 11 upade last night and my taskbar hidden looks like in screenshot, not ahuge issue, but it is kinda annoying, Can I fix that sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-hidden-icons-issue/6d6c3987-1872-4059-944f-8fd258c95b1d
  3. Taskbar hidden icons issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden icons issue: Did Windows 11 upade last night and my taskbar hidden looks like in screenshot, not ahuge issue, but it is kinda annoying, Can I fix that sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-hidden-icons-issue/6d6c3987-1872-4059-944f-8fd258c95b1d
  4. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  5. Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar: Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  7. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  8. Difrent icons on hidden taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difrent icons on hidden taskbar: As you can see...……. any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difrent-icons-on-hidden-taskbar/b0d3cc8a-9854-4cbf-aa64-58c7941caf4d
  9. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  10. Always show hidden icons on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show hidden icons on taskbar?: Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? [img] 5235