Windows 10: hidden icons on desktop now showing!?

Discus and support hidden icons on desktop now showing!? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey - i want to hide the desktop icons for some of my programmes/apps. however, since a recent update they show but slightly greyed out! anyway i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/personanonymous, Oct 3, 2020.

1. hidden icons on desktop now showing!?

Hey - i want to hide the desktop icons for some of my programmes/apps. however, since a recent update they show but slightly greyed out! anyway i can remove it from my desktop without deleting the app?

submitted by /u/personanonymous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/personanonymous, Oct 3, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Icons on the desktop

Hi,

There are several reasons for your desktop icons not to stay put such as changes in registry, system cache, or an enabled
    Auto arrange icon setting. To rectify your issue with keeping your icons arranged, we suggest that you right-click on any blank space on your desktop, click
    View, then make sure that the check mark for Auto arrange icon is removed.

If the issue persist even after performing the steps above, you can rebuild your icon cache. This method solves most issues with incorrectly displayed icons. Here are the steps to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the
      Run box.
    • Type %userprofile%, then hit Enter.
    • Go to the AppData folder, then open the Local
      folder.
    • Select the IconCache file, then click Delete.

If you're having challenges finding the IconCache file, you have to make sure that your hidden items are visible. Below are the steps:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

hidden icons on desktop now showing!?

Problem with desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused if the Desktop Icons are hidden.

1. May I know, if you are aware of any recent changes made to the system after which you are facing this issue?
    2. Which version and edition of Windows is installed on the computer?

I suggest you go through this articleShow, hide, or
    resize desktop icons
    follow the steps, if the icons are hidden, you should get it back.

If you want to pin any icon to desktop you can check

Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
    and you can easily access them from the desktop screen.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

hidden icons on desktop now showing!?

1. hidden icons on desktop now showing!? - Similar Threads - hidden icons desktop

2. Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11: On my previous device which was Windows 10, I freed up space by putting everything possible into "Online Only" in OneDrive. I wasn't very careful with keeping track exactly which folders were included, and a side effect was that a lot of the desktop icons disappeared.I didn't...
  3. Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11: On my previous device which was Windows 10, I freed up space by putting everything possible into "Online Only" in OneDrive. I wasn't very careful with keeping track exactly which folders were included, and a side effect was that a lot of the desktop icons disappeared.I didn't...
  4. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  5. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. hidden icons shows the wrong icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hidden icons shows the wrong icons: all my apps are shown as windows icons what to do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons-shows-the-wrong-icons/81811e57-c7b6-45ab-a322-423ba27e939c
  7. how to arrange hidden icons on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to arrange hidden icons on desktop.: Hello humans of r/Windows10 looking for some help on a project that I haven't been able to figure out. I've gotten a VBS File from my friend to show/hide hidden items. So. Ive hidden my shortcuts to exes and put the VBS On my desktop so when i launch it, it shows and hides my...
  8. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  9. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  10. Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon...Twice Now!

Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon...Twice Now!: I had an issue with Firefox where if I clicked the Taskbar icon, the program would not show on the desktop. HOWEVER, if you hover over the icon, it showed what it would look like if it were expanded. I restarted it in safe mode and got it to work again. Just now WORD is...