Windows 10: Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...???

Discus and support Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get that they feel the need to put new stuff in... but this just annoys the crap right outta me. I'm opening programs, and no freakin icon is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...???

I get that they feel the need to put new stuff in... but this just annoys the crap right outta me. I'm opening programs, and no freakin icon is appearing in my task bar.

Please oh please tell me there's a way to eliminate this latest annoyance....

Tanks...

:)

Rickkins, Oct 2, 2014
  2. johnptd Win User

Win10 update changed menu appearance and content

The Bluetooth menu is still in "Settings" > "Devices" > "Bluetooth". Have you checked the "hidden" Taskbar icons? Check the "Show hidden icons" icon "^" on the right side of the Taskbar. Also you can check this Youtube video on how to
    enable the Bluetooth icon in the Taskbar.

How to show/add Bluetooth icon in Windows 10 Taskbar

JohnD

johnptd, Oct 2, 2014
  3. "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing on taskbar

Windows 10 Version 1607 on a Tower PC

In Settings "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" I have set ON "Safely remove hardware and eject media" (*). The Taskbar is not locked. When I plug in a USB memory stick, the icon does NOT appear on the taskbar. If I click on the "Hidden icons" up-arrow,
    the icon is in the hidden icons box. What do I need to do to make the icon appear on the taskbar and not in the hidden icons box on this PC ?

(*) Please note that on other Windows 10 PCs that I have checked, with this same setting, the icon does appear on the taskbar and not in the hidden icons box.

Ron

Ron Hewett, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

Specific examples, pictures???

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014
  5. Have you checked to see if you pulled the taskbar slider too far over or down?

Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...??? [​IMG]

John Pombrio, Oct 3, 2014
  6. Flashorn Win User
    I see my taskbar icons :

Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...??? [​IMG]

Flashorn, Oct 3, 2014
  7. psudo Win User
    For those interested in hiding the Search and taskview icons in the taskbar, try the app made by vali20 over at MDL forum

WinTHButtonHider

psudo, Oct 3, 2014
  8. Rickkins Win User

Hehehe, freakin excellent. I found this morning that the aforementioned app was responsible for my disappearing icons. I can replicate the issue, so it seems to be solved.

Rickkins, Oct 3, 2014
  9. psudo Win User
    You man this app's causing you other annoyances? Must be some TP bug, I have it installed and working without issues.

psudo, Oct 3, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    That is exactly what I mean, and I can replicate it. Before I run the hider app, I will open a dozen or so programs. As I open more, their size begins to shrink, as I cram more into the available space. Then, I click on the hider, and the icons begin to stretch wider and slide under the notification area at the bottom right hand side.

Of course, I should perhaps point out that I do not use the "7" style taskbar.(yuk).
    I unpin everything, and re-add the quick launch tool bar, effectively replacing the "7" style taskbar with that of "XP".

And of course that may or may not have some effect...

Rickkins, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...??? - Similar Threads - Hidden icons taskbar

2. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  3. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  4. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  7. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  8. Difrent icons on hidden taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difrent icons on hidden taskbar: As you can see...……. any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difrent-icons-on-hidden-taskbar/b0d3cc8a-9854-4cbf-aa64-58c7941caf4d
  9. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  10. Taskbar eliminator

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar eliminator: I use my W10 machine for media viewing, and I have batch scripts configured to launch programs from Jriver Media center. When new programs launch, my taskbar raises, and the taskbar icon for that program blinks. I want to prevent the taskbar from raising because its...