Windows 10: Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use)

Discus and support Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have spent more than a month as I am not very computer savvy I have not been able to change hidden Microsoft admin account. The name of this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charolataGursahaney, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use)

I have spent more than a month as I am not very computer savvy I have not been able to change hidden Microsoft admin account. The name of this is (DESKTOP-KTO1160\Charolata) I don't even own this device any maybe I had it 8yrs back? I tried to change the password but it does not accept it. Thus I am not able to download anything. I have tried it umpteen times but nothing works. Now I am very frustrated. Please, can this device be deleted as I don't have it anymore?. Also, I am not able to change my account to a Microsoft Aadministrator account. I would appreciate if you can help. Thanks

:)

charolataGursahaney, Sep 2, 2019

2. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Sep 2, 2019
  3. mischa01 Win User
    windows 7 hidden admin account infected

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine, however it has no admin priviledges.

I know what the virus is.. its a xps viewer.exe virus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this stupid ivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected"

please help me.

Thanks

mischa01, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use)

Problem with Hidden Microsoft admin account /Charolata- DEESKTOP-KTO1160.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to get a clear picture of the issue:

• When you say, “I have problem with downloading” what is the exact issue that you are facing?
    • For which account are you trying to change the password?
    • When you say, “How can I delete it and make a new own” are you trying to remove the hidden admin account?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Ideally, the hidden Admin account doesn’t require a password to login to the computer. If you are unable to change the password for your Microsoft account, please refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to reset your Microsoft account password

Please reply with the detailed information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use)

1. Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use) - Similar Threads - Hidden Microsoft admin

2. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  3. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  4. Very old Hotmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Very old Hotmail account: I created a @HOTmail.com account back in 2004. Then around 2007 (don't remember the exact year) I created an @Outlook.com account. I created it not because I wanted to create an @Outlook account, but the news spin back in that day coming from non-MS sources were saying you...
  5. Windows 10 hidden admin account activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 hidden admin account activation: While trying to activate my hidden administrator in my Windows 10 it gives me a prompt that says unavailable for this version of Windows can somebody help me figure out how to activate this administrator please...
  6. Microsoft Account - Device Admin Password Recovery

Microsoft Account - Device Admin Password Recovery: I am trying to recover an admin password for a device that is included on my Microsoft account. I have two devices listed and I wanted to know if I can recover the password for one of these devices. Also how is this done. Thanks JimmyAG...
  7. Hidden Admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hidden Admin: I have been trying to install a non-Microsoft program on my new laptop with windows 10 pro. The program has a certified Microsoft certification and is provided by a large brokerage firm. To do the install it, I realize it requires to be able to work in the hidden admin...
  8. Hidden admin account

Hidden admin account: I am just one Windows 10 pro computer and but I don't have admin account. Iam just the local admin. How can I delete folders when I don't have the hidden admin account? I did a complete Windows 10 pro install but now I am told I can't uninstall folder, need admin...
  9. Old devices Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Old devices Microsoft account: I deleted a device that was my old computer with win7 on it, it was associated with my game account for Modern Combat 5 Blackout that I have been playing for 4 yrs. Now I cannot use this account with my game only the one associated with Xbox. I had 1400 hrs on that account,...
  10. Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin: I foolishly hid my only administrator account using the registry editor and I can't do anything with the secondary account that I have on the computer. I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Created a new key...