Windows 10: hidden network"2"

Discus and support hidden network"2" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Installed new eero WIFI, works great on all Apple products. Used the same network name. The Dell windows 10 machine shows network2 when you curser over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScotRoemer, Oct 15, 2018.

1. hidden network"2"

Installed new eero WIFI, works great on all Apple products. Used the same network name. The Dell windows 10 machine shows network2 when you curser over network icon (just NETWORK in WIFI setting area) and download speed is be held to 5 MBPS while Apple devices at 150. GEEK squad and EERO couldn't fix it. Appears the windows 10 somehow retained some setting, etc. from the old network configuration and is reused it under NETWORK "2".

Anyone seen this and know how to fix??

:)

ScotRoemer, Oct 15, 2018

2. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we need to know some additional information:

• Have you tried connecting to that hidden network before?
    • what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    about hidden network.

For further assistance, feel free to post us back.

Remon Ont, Oct 15, 2018
  4. hidden network"2"

Delete "hidden network"

Today I have Hidden Network on my list of networks, where did it come from, how can I get rid of it?

catclaw4641, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

hidden network"2"

1. hidden network"2" - Similar Threads - hidden network2

2. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  3. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  4. Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?: Hello,My touchpad stopped working and it was visible in "hidden devices". While trying to fix it I uninstalled it, hoping it will reapear as "normal" device. Well, it clearly didn't and by not thinking too much I also got rid of some usefull information that were visible in...
  5. Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?

Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?: Hello,My touchpad stopped working and it was visible in "hidden devices". While trying to fix it I uninstalled it, hoping it will reapear as "normal" device. Well, it clearly didn't and by not thinking too much I also got rid of some usefull information that were visible in...
  6. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...
  7. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...
  8. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  10. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...