Windows 10: hidden network automatic connection

Discus and support hidden network automatic connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AM_671, Oct 4, 2019.

1. AM_671 Win User

hidden network automatic connection

Hi there,

I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is connecting to a hidden network without my permission. I just unchecked the box that said connect automatically to the hidden network, but I am not sure that it worked.

This happened to me before the last time I purchased a PC from the very start, and I was also having my iPad hacked into as time went by. Is there any way to check that I am not connected to a hidden network without my permission? I have bought new routers, new phones, new tablets, and new computers but the same type problems keep coming up (files, websites and emails being tampered with).

:)

AM_671, Oct 4, 2019
  2. J W A Win User

Windows 10 not remembering password on hidden SSID (and not automatically connecting). Also previously used (saved) hidden networks do not show the SSID in the wifi list (just says hidden network).

I don't have problems connecting to the hidden SSID network. Windows is not remembering the password (and will not automatically connect to saved networks) if the SSID is hidden. I must manually enter the password every time I restart or shutdown. The
    option to automatically connect is selected. Also the network list will not show the name of the previously-known and saved hidden SSID (it just states "Hidden Network").

J W A, Oct 4, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    W10H cannot connect to hidden network

nope running 380.62 didn't knew there were a 380.63 I will update later properly

yeh when the network is visible it connects just fine.

puma99dk|, Oct 4, 2019
  4. hidden network automatic connection

Hidden network in Win 10

What is a hidden network? A few days ago a Hidden Network appeared on my list of available networks with the 'Connect Automatically' box checked. I cannot disable it and do not know what it is or where it came from.

williamclarkTX, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

hidden network automatic connection

1. hidden network automatic connection - Similar Threads - hidden network automatic

2. Connect a network drive hidden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect a network drive hidden?: Hi,I'm trying to connect a network drive that should be hidden and only be able to access with the given name of the Folder. Now in Windows 7 i was able to do that using this command in the Command Prompt and it is not shown in the File Explorer but i cant access it with the...
  3. Connect a network drive hidden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect a network drive hidden?: Hi,I'm trying to connect a network drive that should be hidden and only be able to access with the given name of the Folder. Now in Windows 7 i was able to do that using this command in the Command Prompt and it is not shown in the File Explorer but i cant access it with the...
  4. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...: I've seen a lot of the reposnses about going into managed networks and deleting. It doesn't show up there. Also I live on 3.5 acres so its not a neighbor.I got hacked bad about 5 weeks ago. I use a vpn and Bitdefender. On the 2 Dell XPS laptops they bypassed Bitdefender and...
  5. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...: I've seen a lot of the reposnses about going into managed networks and deleting. It doesn't show up there. Also I live on 3.5 acres so its not a neighbor.I got hacked bad about 5 weeks ago. I use a vpn and Bitdefender. On the 2 Dell XPS laptops they bypassed Bitdefender and...
  6. Seeing “Hidden Network” under connections

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeing “Hidden Network” under connections: When I look at my internet connections I’m seeing “Hidden Network”. I’m not connected to it but why am I seeing this? Does it have anything to do with someone trying to hack or view my computer. Just seems weird to me There’s two. One wants a password and the other does not...
  7. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...: To start, YES I realize that I'm not actually actively connected to the Hidden Network, It requires a password. My issue is that I cannot uncheck the Connect Automatically it re-checks itself instantly AND the network does not show up in the list to Forget Network. THIS IS A...
  8. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: My laptop is automatically connecting to a "hidden network". I've never used a hidden network before and have never seen it displayed before. When I uncheck the "connect automatically" box it will just go back to being checked. I am also not able to scroll up to connect to my...
  9. how to remove a hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically

how to remove a hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically: For my wi-fi, on my Windows 10 computer, it shows a "Hidden Network: that automatically connects to my network. I have unclicked the "automatically connect" a hundred times and it keeps going back to automatically connecting. What is this? To expand, I have minimal download...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network: We have a Wi-Fi network (example here: "NET_WORK") with the SSID hidden and our Surfaces Pro 4 won't reconnect to it after being rebooted. On the login screen, we have to reconnect to the network manually and then it says it's connected to the network it won't connect to but...