Windows 10: Hidden Network Bug

Discus and support Hidden Network Bug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using a wifi adapter for my PC. I restarted my computer today and when I got back on I found a Hidden Network in the networks that are shown. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryZhang3, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Hidden Network Bug

I'm using a wifi adapter for my PC. I restarted my computer today and when I got back on I found a Hidden Network in the networks that are shown. The main problem being it wont let me scroll to my own networks it is just stuck at selecting the Hidden Network. Hidden Network Bug NVIDIA_Share_nmQU5gJevu.png

:)

HenryZhang3, Jun 14, 2019

2. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we need to know some additional information:

• Have you tried connecting to that hidden network before?
    • what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    about hidden network.

For further assistance, feel free to post us back.

Remon Ont, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Hidden Network Bug

hidden network

Hi there, thanks for your question.

When you look at the list of available networks, the "Hidden Network" is not a particular WiFi network but instead a generic indicator to show you that there are networks in range that have hidden their SSID, or network name.

This is normal behaviour, and presents no issue for you. You can ignore the hidden networks.

Please let me know if you need further information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Hidden Network Bug

1. Hidden Network Bug - Similar Threads - Hidden Network Bug

2. Hidden Network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Network?: I noticed this available network called hidden network appear. What is strange is It’s signal is as strong as my network cropped out so it’s not pictured see image. I am unable to access it as I never set it up to begin with. I am not sure I ever noticed it before. How do I...
  3. Hidden Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Network: There is a Hidden Network that I am automatically connecting to as well as my own. When I uncheck the 'Connect Automatically' button, it goes right back to a check. When I right click on the network, it only gives me the option to connect - not forget. When checking my...
  4. Hidden network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden network: I need serious help il even offer money if someone can solve this issue. So my brother had a suspicion that he has a virus on his pc he reset it multiple times changed router changed wifi password and this hidden network would still appear he came today so i can install...
  5. Hidden Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Network: My laptop is automatically connecting to a "hidden network". I've never used a hidden network before and have never seen it displayed before. When I uncheck the "connect automatically" box it will just go back to being checked. I am also not able to scroll up to connect to my...
  6. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: On my Laptop , on the available network page a ''Hidden Network'' is showing, with full strength signal , just to check it I put my SSID on it along with the network key, it connected to my net work as number 2 connection , I try to reset the network but it stays there, this...
  7. Hidden network

Hidden network: I can't get rid of a hidden network on windows 10. It weakens my network connection. I have a lot of trouble keeping my network on line. Tried right-clicking, etc and it doesn't work....
  8. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: When I scan to view my wireless networks I often see one named "Hidden Network", which disappears whenever I click on it. What is this and should I be concerned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/a31bd867-38e1-4533-a58d-79f071e16dac
  9. hidden network

hidden network: ok but is there on my computer but not on any one that brings one here don't show on theirs ,also mine don't show the g5 ones but they can?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/3453638e-155e-42ac-ae54-916e4fbaa130
  10. hidden network

hidden network: I see a hidden network in my networks and when I leave town the networks follow me everywhere and has full strength. How is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/c973c454-532c-42dc-ba16-40d6f45fc4f3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hidden network bug

2. windows 10 hidden network