Windows 10: Hidden Network is the only network appearing

Discus and support Hidden Network is the only network appearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The hidden network is the only network appearing. I have updated the network driver for my IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 adapter and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave_Baja, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Dave_Baja Win User

Hidden Network is the only network appearing

Hello,

The hidden network is the only network appearing. I have updated the network driver for my IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 adapter and it says that the device is working in the device manager. I have also tried resetting my network settings and have updated my windows' settings. My phone is able to pick up my wifi and neighboring networks this machine used to as well. I have tried to manually enter the wifi to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave

Hidden Network is the only network appearing 7cc1ff73-9fd4-44cc-a74b-4236566a71e2?upload=true.png

:)

Dave_Baja, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Hidden Network appears randomly Windows 10

Yes, it is a Windows 10 thing. The 'hidden network' is one without an SSID and windows can show it, your other devices don't seem to be able to list a network that doesn't have a name to display.

I am visiting relatives who are using a mesh network currently. In this case it is BT Whole Home. I too see a Hidden network.

Hidden Network is the only network appearing [​IMG]

Scanning with WiFiInfoView from Nirsoft shows that there are in fact two networks with no SSID.
    WifiInfoView - WiFi Scanner for Windows 10/7/8/Vista

Each one has a MAC address identical apart from the first digit to the MAC address of the named SSID for one of the two BT mesh devices. They are also identical signal strength to their corresponding 'named' counterpart. I can only assume this hidden network is how the mesh devices communicate with each other.

3. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Ikarus3 Win User

Hidden Network appears randomly Windows 10

Hello,

In my list of available networks to connect to a network called Hidden Network shows up. It is secured and the signal strength is excellent so it makes me think it is coming from my house.

None of my other devices see this network. It seems to be a Windows 10 thing. I have Googled this but can not find an answer that makes sense. Hopefully someone can explain what might be happening here.

Notice the signal strength. My guest network is turned off. I have a Mesh router(Google WiFi)

Ikarus3, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Hidden Network is the only network appearing - Similar Threads - Hidden Network network

2. Hidden Network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Network?: I noticed this available network called hidden network appear. What is strange is It’s signal is as strong as my network cropped out so it’s not pictured see image. I am unable to access it as I never set it up to begin with. I am not sure I ever noticed it before. How do I...
  3. Hidden Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Network: There is a Hidden Network that I am automatically connecting to as well as my own. When I uncheck the 'Connect Automatically' button, it goes right back to a check. When I right click on the network, it only gives me the option to connect - not forget. When checking my...
  4. Hidden Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Network: My laptop is automatically connecting to a "hidden network". I've never used a hidden network before and have never seen it displayed before. When I uncheck the "connect automatically" box it will just go back to being checked. I am also not able to scroll up to connect to my...
  5. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: On my Laptop , on the available network page a ''Hidden Network'' is showing, with full strength signal , just to check it I put my SSID on it along with the network key, it connected to my net work as number 2 connection , I try to reset the network but it stays there, this...
  6. Hidden network

Hidden network: I can't get rid of a hidden network on windows 10. It weakens my network connection. I have a lot of trouble keeping my network on line. Tried right-clicking, etc and it doesn't work....
  7. Hidden Network appears randomly Windows 10

Hidden Network appears randomly Windows 10: Hello, In my list of available networks to connect to a network called Hidden Network shows up. It is secured and the signal strength is excellent so it makes me think it is coming from my house. None of my other devices see this network. It seems to be a Windows 10 thing....
  8. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: When I scan to view my wireless networks I often see one named "Hidden Network", which disappears whenever I click on it. What is this and should I be concerned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/a31bd867-38e1-4533-a58d-79f071e16dac
  9. hidden network

hidden network: ok but is there on my computer but not on any one that brings one here don't show on theirs ,also mine don't show the g5 ones but they can?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/3453638e-155e-42ac-ae54-916e4fbaa130
  10. hidden network

hidden network: I see a hidden network in my networks and when I leave town the networks follow me everywhere and has full strength. How is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/c973c454-532c-42dc-ba16-40d6f45fc4f3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hidden Wireless Network

2. connectify hotspot 9FD4