Windows 10: Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...

Discus and support Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To start, YES I realize that I'm not actually actively connected to the Hidden Network, It requires a password. My issue is that I cannot uncheck the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TwoGunToast., Jun 3, 2020.

1. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...

To start, YES I realize that I'm not actually actively connected to the Hidden Network, It requires a password. My issue is that I cannot uncheck the Connect Automatically it re-checks itself instantly AND the network does not show up in the list to Forget Network. THIS IS A NETWORK I DID NOT CREATE NOR HAVE I EVER USED, it just appears in my Available Networks list set to automatically connect. If a network isn't recognized by my computer as one I can forget, and it's set to automatically connect from my PC no matter what if given the right info I DON'T WANT IT ON THERE. It's a security risk if someone else put it there and knows the access info to connect to it from my computer or vice verse I wouldnt be surprised if someone was using their network to somehow connect to my computer and keeping me locked out of the network from my end with access info I'm not a hacker or super verse with PC Mumbo Jumbo so I have no idea. But because I do not know for sure HOW DO I REMOVE IT? I want to force my PC to flat out ignore the network signal entirely.

:)

TwoGunToast., Jun 3, 2020

2. Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox For Unused Available Networks Does Not Stay Unchecked

This question has been asked by another user with no solution provided.

Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox Uncheck Can't!

When a person goes to internet access to connect to their WiFi, a list is provided that also shows other nearby WiFi networks (neighbors accounts) and hidden networks that have never been connected to. Windows 10 appears to default to checking the box to
    connect to these networks automatically. We do not want to connect to these networks automatically and therefore do not want the box checked. When a person unchecks them in the list, they are checked again when the list is reopened. Since they have never
    been connected to, they do not appear in the known or saved network list. How do we get the connect automatically box to default to or stay unchecked?

Please take the time to experience and understand the problem so a correct solution can be provided.

Thank You

ChrisEstadt, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox Uncheck Can't!

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks.

Please! note!

Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these.

Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it won't actually automatically connect (but it does anyway...).

Simply, how can I completely ignore - especially to include a check in the Connect Automatically Checkbox - unwanted - unsolicited networks in the available networks list (the one typically accessed from the taskbar icon.)

Not forgetting known networks. Can see how this is done and can do it.

And also without regard to whether or not my client might actually connect to unwanted networks. Understand that there may be a challenge for protected networks - and even unprotected networks should require some input? (but then why autoconnect, if true?
    /boggle)

Don't want *even the appearance* that *my* settings allow for automatic connection to networks I don't want to ever ever connect to - by being able to uncheck that Connect Automatically Checkbox - for networks that I've not saved - nor ever connected to.

Have expressed these points fairly exactingly and painfully reduntantly in hopes of drawing only pertinent advice for this specific issue

- thanks in advance!

UncheckBoxAutoConnectCan't, Jun 3, 2020
  4. TeaBrown1 Win User

Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...

Automatic Network Connection

I only want to automatically connect to ONE wifi network, my home wifi. However, I keep getting knocked offline because my computer is automatically connecting to ALL nearby networks listed, ones that are not “known” so I cannot forget/remove them via
    network settings. I have unchecked the “automatically connect” box from all of the unwanted networks; however, the moment I minimize the network list the boxes are automatically rechecked. There has to be a solution. Please help.

TeaBrown1, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...

1. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget... - Similar Threads - Hidden Network set

2. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...: I've seen a lot of the reposnses about going into managed networks and deleting. It doesn't show up there. Also I live on 3.5 acres so its not a neighbor.I got hacked bad about 5 weeks ago. I use a vpn and Bitdefender. On the 2 Dell XPS laptops they bypassed Bitdefender and...
  3. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Manage...: I've seen a lot of the reposnses about going into managed networks and deleting. It doesn't show up there. Also I live on 3.5 acres so its not a neighbor.I got hacked bad about 5 weeks ago. I use a vpn and Bitdefender. On the 2 Dell XPS laptops they bypassed Bitdefender and...
  4. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  5. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  6. forget internet networks from available networks list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forget internet networks from available networks list: how to forget internet networks from available networks list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forget-internet-networks-from-available-networks/4dddc4ba-4940-4a0a-b087-cc1b01f4bf81
  7. "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!: When Windows 10 on my XPS 13 9360 shows nearby networks that are available, whether neighbors' or business', they are checked as "connect automatically".When I uncheck, checks again.It never used to do this. Since it's been happening, it's taken my laptop much longer to...
  8. Connect to network automatically unchecked - why is machine still connecting?

Connect to network automatically unchecked - why is machine still connecting?: My Windows 7 goes strictly by that checkbox as booted and logged in. Windows 10 does not - why? If I am connected manually and don't disconnect manually before shutdown - it automatically connect next time, ignoring checkbox. How do I fix this so I don't have to do...
  9. hidden network automatic connection

hidden network automatic connection: Hi there, I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is connecting to a hidden network without my permission. I just unchecked the box that said connect automatically to the hidden...
  10. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*: The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks. Please! note! Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these. Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it...