Windows 10: hidden network

Discus and support hidden network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I see a hidden network in my networks and when I leave town the networks follow me everywhere and has full strength. How is this possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rogermclaughlin1, Nov 9, 2018.

1. hidden network

I see a hidden network in my networks and when I leave town the networks follow me everywhere and has full strength. How is this possible?

:)

rogermclaughlin1, Nov 9, 2018

2. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we need to know some additional information:

• Have you tried connecting to that hidden network before?
    • what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    about hidden network.

For further assistance, feel free to post us back.

Remon Ont, Nov 9, 2018
  4. hidden network

Hidden Network

How do I delete a hidden network? I am not terribly computer literate, detailed steps would be appreciated. Thanks

RichardCampbell2, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

hidden network

1. hidden network - Similar Threads - hidden network

2. Hidden Network Bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Network Bug: I'm using a wifi adapter for my PC. I restarted my computer today and when I got back on I found a Hidden Network in the networks that are shown. The main problem being it wont let me scroll to my own networks it is just stuck at selecting the Hidden Network.[ATTACH]...
  3. SMB, Network Issues and a Hidden Network Question...

SMB, Network Issues and a Hidden Network Question...: I updated to 1903 and now I can't file share between two PC (one is updated, the other isn't). So I read the tutorial on this site, which has an option to enable SMB. Does this expose a security issue? What is the best "how-to" to set up file sharing on Win10 machines?...
  4. Hidden network in Win 10

Hidden network in Win 10: What is a hidden network? A few days ago a Hidden Network appeared on my list of available networks with the 'Connect Automatically' box checked. I cannot disable it and do not know what it is or where it came from....
  5. Hidden Network appears randomly Windows 10

Hidden Network appears randomly Windows 10: Hello, In my list of available networks to connect to a network called Hidden Network shows up. It is secured and the signal strength is excellent so it makes me think it is coming from my house. None of my other devices see this network. It seems to be a Windows 10 thing....
  6. Solution for Hidden Network?

Solution for Hidden Network?: I recently bought a HP 360 laptop with Windows 10 home built in and its working great except for a major problem which is that it won't connect to a hidden network, i tried all the solutions that i could find online but its not working...i even made the network visible and...
  7. how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc?

how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc?: or hide wifis based on mac address if you saw this article https://lifehacker.com/how-do-i-hide-my-neighbors-wifi-networks-1833806819/amp they explain how to hide wifi networks based on ssids . but i want to hide hidden networks i don't want to see them on my wifi list ?...
  8. Network computer hidden

Network computer hidden: Good evening, recently i was able to see all of the computers on my home network (used for flight simulation), well a few days ago I noticed that my main PC was not showing up in on the network list anymore. There is a total of 3 desktops and 1 laptop currently in my...
  9. Hidden Network

Hidden Network: When I scan to view my wireless networks I often see one named "Hidden Network", which disappears whenever I click on it. What is this and should I be concerned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/a31bd867-38e1-4533-a58d-79f071e16dac
  10. How do I remove a Hidden Network

How do I remove a Hidden Network: In an effort to be more secure I created a hidden network that is not allowing me to connect to any hotspots, how do I remove the hidden network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-hidden-network/2c12f2f1-96f6-43a2-9b2b-4a257c4ed29c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hidden network

2. i see hiddennetwork with full strength as an option for internet