Windows 10: hidden network

Discus and support hidden network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I see a hidden network in my networks and when I leave town the networks follow me everywhere and has full strength. How is this possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rogermclaughlin1, Nov 9, 2018.

1. rogermclaughlin1 Win User

hidden network

I see a hidden network in my networks and when I leave town the networks follow me everywhere and has full strength. How is this possible?

:)

rogermclaughlin1, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Radney Dri Win User

Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we need to know some additional information:

• Have you tried connecting to that hidden network before?
    • what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    about hidden network.

For further assistance, feel free to post us back.

Remon Ont, Nov 9, 2018
  4. RichardCampbell2 Win User

hidden network

Hidden Network

How do I delete a hidden network? I am not terribly computer literate, detailed steps would be appreciated. Thanks

RichardCampbell2, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

hidden network

1. hidden network - Similar Threads - hidden network

2. hidden files uninstall/removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hidden files uninstall/removal: I have flvto installed how do I remove it its not in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/hidden-files-uninstallremoval/5cd7d891-13e1-4514-a8d9-255894ac1005
  3. GDRIVE icon is constantly hidden in taskbar, I have to repeatedly turn it back on (as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    GDRIVE icon is constantly hidden in taskbar, I have to repeatedly turn it back on (as...: Why can't you and Google developers just get along. Stop hiding GDRIVE icon in the task bar every time my Windows 10 device has a system update....
  4. hidden network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hidden network: ok but is there on my computer but not on any one that brings one here don't show on theirs ,also mine don't show the g5 ones but they can?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-network/3453638e-155e-42ac-ae54-916e4fbaa130
  5. Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network

Windows 10 doesn't automatically reconnect to hidden network: We have a Wi-Fi network (example here: "NET_WORK") with the SSID hidden and our Surfaces Pro 4 won't reconnect to it after being rebooted. On the login screen, we have to reconnect to the network manually and then it says it's connected to the network it won't connect to but...
  6. hidden network"2"

hidden network"2": Installed new eero WIFI, works great on all Apple products. Used the same network name. The Dell windows 10 machine shows network2 when you curser over network icon (just NETWORK in WIFI setting area) and download speed is be held to 5 MBPS while Apple devices at 150. GEEK...
  7. windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart

windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart: after updating windows 10. every time I turn on my laptop, I Have to add my home hidden wifi network, it connects for one time and it appears with the name followed by a number for each time I connect. I checked the option for connecting even if the network is not...
  8. My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network."

My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network.": I am a 17 year old who has been gaming on my PC (HP Desktop w/ Windows 10) and other console for years, all using the same wifi. In the past 8 months however, I have been met by some problems with my internet connection. At random, my connection (wireless, not ethernet; the...
  9. What is 'Network Name' shown as 'Hidden Network' for?

What is 'Network Name' shown as 'Hidden Network' for?: Hi, I sometimes see Network Name is shown as 'Hidden Network' in the Network _Settings taskbar. I have remember that I only saw such a hidden network name' one time when I rested my router to default configuration. I didn't take a screen shot when I saw that hidden...
  10. Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network: I use the router TL-MR3420 setting the hidden wifi network network address: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.0.1 + Windows 7 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK + Windows 10 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK But I change the network address : network...