Windows 10: Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer

Discus and support Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After update to the latest Windows 10 build 1809, this folder completely gone. Do I have any virus or anyone have solution how to get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RAZ0R D0X, Mar 31, 2019.

1. RAZ0R D0X Win User

Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer

After update to the latest Windows 10 build 1809, this folder completely gone. Do I have any virus or anyone have solution how to get it back? Thanks! Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer 231b5b7d-167c-49b4-95ed-4ccb6f19c4cc?upload=true.png

:)

RAZ0R D0X, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Missing files in File Explorer

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Sometimes after an upgrade there are possibilities that files maybe hidden. So, is suggest you to unhide the folders and search for the missing file. To unhide the files, follow the steps below:

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Click on View in the file ribbon.

3. Check the option for Hidden items
    and check if you are able to search the file.

Also, refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope the information provided is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer

Hidden files

Hi,

We are not clear on the issue you are facing. Please write to us with the answers to the below questions and the detailed description of the issue you are facing for further assistance on the query.

• When you say “Disconnect is missing from my hidden files”, what are you referring to?
    • Did you lose any files and folder which was hidden in File explorer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer

1. Hidden ProgramData missing from File Explorer - Similar Threads - Hidden ProgramData missing

2. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  3. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  4. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Onedrive missing from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive missing from File Explorer: My problem is when I open up File Explorer onedrive is missing. How do I get to show up? I'm running the most current home version on my HP laptop. I have tried to find a solution, but nothing applies. Help would be appreciated. Please note that in the Category list there...
  6. Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer: In my Personal one drive that's in file explorer I have a folder that's now empty. I think I can remember moving the folder out and then I put it back in but now it's empty so no idea what's going on. I do know that recycle bin is empty submitted by /u/TheRedDevils12...
  7. Hidden File Explorer app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...
  8. AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??: Hello in the past, I was able to open and inspect files in AppData Roaming and ProgramData folders on C:\Users\.... These two folder destinations are not there anymore BUT until the last update. They were in the directory for years, and I need to access AppData Roaming for...
  9. DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive missing from File Explorer, only appears as hidden device in Device Manager: My SATA DVD drive can't be used because it's missing from File Explorer, and only appears as a hidden device in Device Manager. The device works because apps like memtest that run from the dvd at bootup work fine without starting windows. I've tried the five methods for...
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...