Windows 10: Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?

Discus and support Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So when I was searching around on the Documents with the hidden items enabled, I see an RDP file saying "Default". I was wondering what does it do? Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Walters2010, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?

So when I was searching around on the Documents with the hidden items enabled, I see an RDP file saying "Default". I was wondering what does it do? Do you guys know what this does? Thanks!

:)

Daniel Walters2010, Jun 7, 2023

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Recovering Hidden Files

Well, you have already said that you had tried the cmd option but you unable to unhide hidden files in USB.
    So, I recommend you to recover hidden files from USB drive with Windows File Option. For this, you
    have follow these steps:

• First of all, you have to press Windows + E to bring up the Windows Explorer.
    • Next, in Folder Options or File Explorer Options click the
      View tab
    • After this, in Hidden files & folders, you need to click the Show hidden files/folders & drives
      option.
    • Lastly, click the Apply, then hit OK
      button.
    After finishing all these steps, you can see the hidden files of the USB drive.

lopezmariaa, Jun 7, 2023
  4. RhinoCan Win User

Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?

Hidden files not behaving properly

Sorry for the delay in responding; I had to deal with some other things along the way!

I ran Step 5 and got this:

Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do? 286323d1593745170t-hidden-files-not-behaving-properly-dism-step-5.jpg

Then I restarted Windows. When I got back into my folder, it looked the same as before and the hidden file was still invisible but this time, when I went into Folder Options, the "don't show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button was selected. I simply clicked the "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button, clicked on Apply and my hidden file finally reappeared!

Thanks for your help with this!!

I'm still curious about why this functionality broke suddenly but I've got lots of other things on my plate so I think I'll get back to them.

Thanks again!

RhinoCan, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?

1. Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do? - Similar Threads - Hidden RDP file

2. Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?: So when I was searching around on the Documents with the hidden items enabled, I see an RDP file saying "Default". I was wondering what does it do? Do you guys know what this does? Thanks!...
  3. Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden RDP file on Documents. What does it do?: So when I was searching around on the Documents with the hidden items enabled, I see an RDP file saying "Default". I was wondering what does it do? Do you guys know what this does? Thanks!...
  4. A hidden hidden file?

A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  5. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  6. Debug document on my computer what do I do/ what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Debug document on my computer what do I do/ what does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jackiekennedyischill [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3nm9h/debug_document_on_my_computer_what_do_i_do_what/
  7. what is this? and what does it do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? and what does it do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k13h0c/what_is_this_and_what_does_it_do/
  8. What does the debug file do?

What does the debug file do?: Can somebody tell me what a debug file does? i want to know what it does cus i kepp geting the dbug file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-debug-file-do/8ae25b41-dbed-435b-a976-4f0ce71d2457
  9. New SSD - What to do with My Documents files?

New SSD - What to do with My Documents files?: I received a new 500Gb SSD, and currently have a 1Tb HDD with about 475Gb used space. Since I cannot clone the entire HDD to the new SSD, I want to move only the Windows 10 OS files, but leave all the data files Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. on the old HDD E: drive for...
  10. Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?

in Browsers and Email
    Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?: [img] When I opened process explorer and chromes internal task manager the number of chrome processes in each was very different and I would like to know why chromes internal task manager listed 12 and I'm fine with the 12 it lists but process explorer listed 30 chrome...