Windows 10: hidden search menu

Discus and support hidden search menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatsiWallace, May 10, 2022.

1. hidden search menu

I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?

:)

PatsiWallace, May 10, 2022

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 10, 2022
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 10, 2022
  4. Forceflow Win User

hidden search menu

Searching hidden files/folders

This is what I do:
    • In explorer, browse to C:/Username
    • Start a search there containing a folder name I know is in C:/Username/Appdata/Local
    • The folder does not appear in search

Hidden files and folders are marked to be visible everywhere.
    It seems like recursive search doesn't descend into hidden files/folders, because when I browse to Appdata and search there, I find it.

Any way to change this behaviorr?

Forceflow, May 10, 2022
Thema:

hidden search menu

1. hidden search menu - Similar Threads - hidden search menu

2. half of my search menu is hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    half of my search menu is hidden: When searching on my desktop, either pressing the home button or search at the bar. It hides almost 70% of my screen and obscure my vision. How to fix this? It's kind of annoying....
  3. half of my search menu is hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    half of my search menu is hidden: When searching on my desktop, either pressing the home button or search at the bar. It hides almost 70% of my screen and obscure my vision. How to fix this? It's kind of annoying....
  4. half of my search menu is hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  6. hidden search menu

hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  7. Half of Search Menu Hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of Search Menu Hidden: When searching, whether by pressing the Windows key and typing, or just by clicking "Type here to search" 80% of the available space is hidden. I can unobscure it by clicking within the window, but it is very annoying not being able to see my programs....
  8. Half of Search Menu Hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half of Search Menu Hidden: When searching, whether by pressing the Windows key and typing, or just by clicking "Type here to search" 80% of the available space is hidden. I can unobscure it by clicking within the window, but it is very annoying not being able to see my programs....
  9. Half of Search Menu Hidden

10. Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box

Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box: Hi guys, I searched a lot about this issue, my start menu is hidden by the search box. If i invocate it by pressing the start menu key windows key or a click on the button, my start menu is hidden by the search box. This was present in the 1909 and continues with the may...