Windows 10: Hidden "Set a PIN" Windows on first logon

Discus and support Hidden "Set a PIN" Windows on first logon in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Edition: Windows 10 Business Version: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535 The build is Azure AD registered and upon first logon the users are prompted to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daniel Oates-Lee, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Hidden "Set a PIN" Windows on first logon

Edition: Windows 10 Business

Version: 1909

OS Build: 18363.535

The build is Azure AD registered and upon first logon the users are prompted to enroll with "Windows Hello".

They click on "Setup PIN", configure for MFA, then presented with a Blue Screen with a white pulsing circle. This screen remains indefinitely.

If you press ALT + TAB, you can find that the "Windows Security" set up a PIN window is hidden and the users have to blindly enter the PIN.

I believe this is a bug, but does anyone else have this issue or have a fix?

:)

Daniel Oates-Lee, Jan 23, 2020

2. PIN Logon Greyed Out

Hello,

Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 1.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.
    See if you can add PIN now.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 23, 2020
  3. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Hidden "Set a PIN" Windows on first logon

FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Hidden "Set a PIN" Windows on first logon

1. Hidden "Set a PIN" Windows on first logon - Similar Threads - Hidden Set PIN

2. using pin to logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using pin to logon: tried setting up a pin number to logon to computer, it gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-pin-to-logon/8e1963fd-cc7a-4df1-b6cb-b0137a983db6
  3. using pin to logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using pin to logon: tried setting up a pin number to logon to computer, it gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-pin-to-logon/8e1963fd-cc7a-4df1-b6cb-b0137a983db6
  4. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  5. Pin to logon on Windows

Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  6. PIN for Logon forgotten

PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  7. PIN for Logon forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  8. PIN for Logon forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  10. Hidden settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hidden settings: 'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation'. But I am not and it stops me getting insider builds. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-settings/6503a593-1fe2-4591-8102-0c866f4c6a02