Windows 10: Hidden software found in 20H2 update.

Discus and support Hidden software found in 20H2 update. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to 20H2, but yesterday reverted back to 1909, because I found a hidden piece of software that showed itself when I sometimes go to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MrTrippy, May 14, 2021.

1. MrTrippy Win User

Hidden software found in 20H2 update.

I recently upgraded to 20H2, but yesterday reverted back to 1909, because I found a hidden piece of software that showed itself when I sometimes go to various websites, and this software is adguard. I used to be able to go to some legit websites such as facebook, or mewe,, but one in particular was kompoz, but when the 20H2 update was installed, and I went to kompoz, adguard suddenly hijacked the web page with adguard parental control, and a warning, to something like:- "This web site has been noted to contain content that is inappropriate to younger children, and has been blocked, if this site is blocked in error, please add it to the whitelist in the adguard preferences" In fact, kompoz is a music collaboration platform, for musicians. But, there is no preferences, and there is no adguard installed, but when I reverted back to version 1909, adguard vanished, so I tried it again, and adguard came back, so it's safe to assume that MS has added some software to only allow users to visit sites that MS only allow you to visit, and some other sites that are legit, are blocked. I have looked at every aspect of the system, including a registry search for adguard and it's not on the system, so further digging found that adguard can be configured in the IPV4 DNS, but looking in there only my ISP DNS is there, so that means that the adguard DNS is hard coded for all browsers on the system, so when I reverted back to 1909 everything now works, but unfortunately there is a huge major problem. I can't block the 20H2 update and use 1909, because the update service is needed for the MS store, and if I enable updates, 20H2 gets installed whether I like it or not, and only visit sites that MS has allowed.

:)

MrTrippy, May 14, 2021

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 14, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Hidden software found in 20H2 update. - Similar Threads - Hidden software found

2. Hidden updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden updates: I get a recurrent notification that an apparently old update "Hewlett-Packard - USB - 12/12/2014 12:00:00 AM - 35.0.56.52825" is being installed.Does this do anything useful? If not, how can I stop it reappearing? There used to be an option to hide unwanted updates, but that...
  3. Hidden updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden updates: I get a recurrent notification that an apparently old update "Hewlett-Packard - USB - 12/12/2014 12:00:00 AM - 35.0.56.52825" is being installed.Does this do anything useful? If not, how can I stop it reappearing? There used to be an option to hide unwanted updates, but that...
  4. Hidden updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. no audio devices found after 20H2 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio devices found after 20H2 install: Zero audio after 20H2 upgrade from 1909. I am on build 19042.985. Dell laptop, 5 years old, Win 10 OEM, Conexant audio which has failed driver updates for a long time but still worked. Rarely use audio on my laptop so I did not notice I had none until recently. Device manager...
  6. Hidden software found in 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden software found in 20H2 update.: I recently upgraded to 20H2, but yesterday reverted back to 1909, because I found a hidden piece of software that showed itself when I sometimes go to various websites, and this software is adguard. I used to be able to go to some legit websites such as facebook, or mewe,,...
  7. problem installing software in version 20H2

problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  8. Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just found about the hidden File explorer!!: [ATTACH] Apparently Microsoft has been developing a hidden File explorer. I got it from here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-hidden-modern-file-explorer-app-windows-10 Also, it can added to the start menu by moving the shortcut to...
  9. camera software not found

camera software not found: my camera on my pavillon HP isn't working correctly. I tried going into device manager and fixing the issue, but there is so camera software actually downloaded. it must have gotten deleted or something. if someone can help asap, please!...
  10. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?: Yesterday, I published a 3 x 6 feet banner in Office Publisher, saved it into PDF and PNG format and shutdown my laptop. After a few minutes, I turned on my laptop to edit these files. When my laptop turned on, I didn't see two partitions (Disk D and Disk E) but Disk C where...